Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,We had 1 of my males chis have a "mating"dream his lipstick came out a little and he woke up hollering.But as soon as he woke up it went down and went back in and he started wagging his tail.
He is the ONLY one of ours who has breed before.Has anyone else heard of this.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I've heard of male dogs who get "locked out" and that can be painful. Basically they get an erection but in a dog it presents itself differently; as when a male dog ties with a female the end swells up into what looks like a little bulb basically. And sometimes if the dog ISN'T with a female and it happens; it can actually be so swollen that it does not retract for a while. And that I know can be painful as it's sensitive tissue; but goes away on its own usually. I've only known of one dog it happened to, a rescue many many years ago. After going out to pee (in winter haha) he went right back to normal. ;)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I've heard of male dogs who get "locked out" and that can be painful. Basically they get an erection but in a dog it presents itself differently; as when a male dog ties with a female the end swells up into what looks like a little bulb basically. And sometimes if the dog ISN'T with a female and it happens; it can actually be so swollen that it does not retract for a while. And that I know can be painful as it's sensitive tissue; but goes away on its own usually. I've only known of one dog it happened to, a rescue many many years ago. After going out to pee (in winter haha) he went right back to normal. ;)

That happens to Rocky sometimes, it's scary to witness. But it either goes away
on his own, if I calm him down, or a little cold water helps. And my boy has
been neutered since he was 6 months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts