Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your pup urinate on his forelegs? Is there something I can do to clean him when we are on the road? I tried the canine wetones and his hair is just to long for them to work well. Since he was neutered he will now squat and empy his bladder in one spot and most of it filters thro his hair.

·
Registered
518 Posts
You asked the question that I was embarrassed to ask. Frasier is a long coat male and he squats too. He wasn't getting it on his forelegs. (I'm guessing he has less hair than your pup.) But, he had a lot of hair around his.. you know.. "thingie" :oops: The urine filtered through that hair and left it dirty and smelly.
We had the hair on his little.. "you know" .. removed. Now we don't have a problem because there is no hair there to start the filtering process.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only the tip of the hair on sunnys sheath(to use the equine term) gets wet. As he donet have much hair there anyway its never been a problem. Ill say this tho when we are home Sun is very meticulus in keeping himself clean and will wash his legs and undercarriage like a cat does. Its just as we travel hes to excited to lay down and wash.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Cooper just started lifting his leg at 6 1/2 months old. Now I see that he lifts his leg and pees on his front leg!! He doesn't always lift his leg, and the hair on his legs isnt' that long yet, so it's not a major problem, but I forsee it as trouble! Maybe you could take a spray bottle and a cloth along? Or some sort of tub you can pour water into and just rinse his leg? Although that would be extra baggage you wouldn't need travelling. HMM, that's a tough one. I'm sure someone will come up with a brilliant idea though! There are many smarties on this site!! :D

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
My little long-coat "Teddy Bear" squats and also lifts his leg. I have never noticed him getting any "pee" on his undercarriage?? I do keep the "babywipes' around for a quick bath--they are awesome. Once in awhile Teddy does get a little problem with his "poop" getting "stuck" on his bottom :oops: It absolutely TERRIFIES HIM! he will take off running and crying. Then he will sit in one spot and not move untill I pick him up and get it off for him. It is actually kinda funny :lol: We call it the "Poo Poo Monster"! :wink: :D His hair is extremely long around his back legs and I need to take him and have it trimmed :D

sandra

1 - 5 of 5 Posts