Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did the name Omakitty come from? I've always wondered about that, and thought maybe I was missing something? :? I love all your stories about Cooper and Omakitty!!! :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
:D The story of OmaKitty is a long one... I've told it before but forget where the thread is, so I'll try to give the short version here...

I was driving to a party and got lost one day. As I was tooling through this neighborhood, I saw a man in his front yard (he even LOOKED like a jerk) and he was beating a cat. I stopped, we had a confrontation, I beat him up, took the cat and the bag of kittens he had (he told me he was taking them to the river) and I left.

I took the cats to the Humane Society where I volunteer and they took them in. The momma cat was thin... she only weighed about 5-6 lbs. One of the volunteers saw her and said "oh, she looks like Uma Thurman... she could be her twin sister!" The next day, they had named her Oma - twin sister of Uma.

Cut to a few days later and I couldn't get the little cat out of my mind ... I went back and told them I wanted her. When I brought her home, I just started calling her OmaKitty. :) Her actual name is Princess OmaKitty of South Austin. I'd say you can call her Princess but she doesn't even bother talking to people below her (everyone).

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
you beat the guy up :lol: that's hilarious !

i always thought it had the meaning 'old'kitty , because an 'oma' is a gran or grandmother here :lol:

now i know she's oma the sis of uma :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
LOL yeah, everyone assumes she's a grandma kitty but I didn't even know Oma meant Grandma in a billion languages until later.

The really weird thing is a really weird chick came over to my house with a friend one day after I got OmaKitty. The girl said she was a psychic or something like that ... when OmaKitty came out and she saw her, the girl said "did you know your cat was your grandmother when you rescued her?"

The girl didn't know ANYTHING about Oma, including her name. Spooky.

I call her Grandma sometimes just in conversation - the really creepy thing is ... OmaKitty will look at me. :shock:

Edit: And I did beat up the guy. I tend to have a hot temper and, at the time, I had yet to be diagnosed with depression - I completely wailed on him and probably broke his nose and definitely gave him a black eye or two and goodness knows what else. He was a little man (about 5'10" and maybe 150 lbs) so he had no chance of survival with me pounding his a$$ into the ground. :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, I figured you'd have a great story to tell about it!! :D Thanks for sharing it again...you never disappoint! That is going to make so much more sense when I read about her now. Did you really beat the guy up? I love it!! I'm starting to think you should have your own reality show, or at least a camera attached to your head so we can watch your daily escapades.:lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Auggies Mom said:
Only thing that would make that story better is if you had put the man in a bag and thrown him in the river :shock:
I would have but I didn't have time. I had to get her and the kittens to the SPCA then get to my party, which I was late for.

It's all about ME, darn it!! :lol:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
imagine all the a.ss we would pound into the ground if we were a gruesome twosome in the same town lol. i love how you are so burly when there's a cause ;) when i was 20 i seen some guy kick his puppy and i just walked up to him (he was a bit bigger than me) and i was like why dont'you try kicking me like that a.sshole. and he told me to mind my business and one word led to another and i had to be pulled off of him by passerby's.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
imagine all the a.ss we would pound into the ground if we were a gruesome twosome in the same town lol. i love how you are so burly when there's a cause ;) when i was 20 i seen some guy kick his puppy and i just walked up to him (he was a bit bigger than me) and i was like why dont'you try kicking me like that a.sshole. and he told me to mind my business and one word led to another and i had to be pulled off of him by passerby's.
LOL Mandy! You and Cooper's mom would make a really formidable duo!!! :D :wink: :wave:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
I think you and I should go on tour. We could kick the poop out of jerks everywhere!! Kind of like Batman and Robin... or The Lone Ranger and Tonto... or Dumb and Dumber! :lol: :lol:

I saw this guy at the dog park once and he had a lab mix pup he was attempting to train on leash. He kept jerking the leash and obviously didn't know how to "properly" walk the dog and I eventually got fed up with him. I walked over to him, handed him Cooper's leash, took his dog's leash and adjusted the collar and shortened the lead. I looked at the dog, said "heel" and held the leash at my hip and started walking. The dog, of course, walked with me at a perfect heel (he couldn't go anywhere else) up the little grassy area and back to his owner. I handed him the leash, took Cooper's leash from him and said "If I see you jerk that pup one more time, I'm going to jerk you into next week."

He just stood there, stunned. He and I are friends now and I am happy to report his puppy, Jake, walks perfectly next to his master. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Cooper said:
I was driving to a party and got lost one day. As I was tooling through this neighborhood, I saw a man in his front yard (he even LOOKED like a jerk) and he was beating a cat. I stopped, we had a confrontation, I beat him up, took the cat and the bag of kittens he had (he told me he was taking them to the river) and I left.
OMG! Your my hero! I would have done the same thing. :pain10: Good for you!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Some say I need anger management classes... can you believe that? :shock:

I noticed you can't get your photo to display correctly in your siggy. To fix that problem, in your profile, put the url of your photo but add the img tags. It should look like this (without the periods):
[.url]http://www.yoursite.com/photo.jpg[./url] :D
The easiest way to do it is pull up your myspace page and right click the photo, go to properties and highlight the http://.... and copy. Then paste it into your siggy, adding the url tags.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
wow i loved that story! It was great and so fun to read! heehee i think you have a great heart for animals and i definately would of done the same or should say tried to lol!!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Cooper said:
luv4mygirls said:
I think you and I should go on tour. We could kick the poop out of jerks everywhere!! Kind of like Batman and Robin... or The Lone Ranger and Tonto... or Dumb and Dumber! :lol: :lol:

I saw this guy at the dog park once and he had a lab mix pup he was attempting to train on leash. He kept jerking the leash and obviously didn't know how to "properly" walk the dog and I eventually got fed up with him. I walked over to him, handed him Cooper's leash, took his dog's leash and adjusted the collar and shortened the lead. I looked at the dog, said "heel" and held the leash at my hip and started walking. The dog, of course, walked with me at a perfect heel (he couldn't go anywhere else) up the little grassy area and back to his owner. I handed him the leash, took Cooper's leash from him and said "If I see you jerk that pup one more time, I'm going to jerk you into next week."

He just stood there, stunned. He and I are friends now and I am happy to report his puppy, Jake, walks perfectly next to his master. :D
only prob with batman and robin is i don't look so hot in tights :?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
True... we don't have to wear tights though. We could wear clothes that match what Cooper, Chiwi and Jumba are wearing. :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Cooper said:
luv4mygirls said:
True... we don't have to wear tights though. We could wear clothes that match what Cooper, Chiwi and Jumba are wearing. :)
chiwi tends to be a bit hoochie with her clothes, and jumba has only one t-shirt so far and it says big dog on campus hehe.... coop's got a cool wardrobe, BUT that fizzy dave is THE one to match ;)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
chiwi tends to be a bit hoochie with her clothes, and jumba has only one t-shirt so far and it says big dog on campus hehe.... coop's got a cool wardrobe, BUT that fizzy dave is THE one to match ;)
So true... maybe we could hire him to be our stylist. With a baby on the way, he needs all the money he can get. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts