Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, am I crazy??!! LOL! I have 2 chis, Paris & Bruiser....very, very spoiled angels! I love them sooo much...they are my babies. I take them everywhere!! I travel and sing alot and they always go with me, stay in hotels, even go with me to my concerts and are angels sitting in their bag on the stage with my sound tech when I sing. They go in their bag in restaurants when we stop to eat...just complete angels.

Well, I rescued Gucci and really wanted to keep him at first.....then after I really started thinking about it I started not wanting to keep him. It's like my 2 are perfect....I can take them easily everywhere....they are sooo bonded with each other. I just was afraid to mess that up and also to not be able to take all 3 everywhere with me. I started to feel as though I cannot give the life my 2 have to another dog. Is that nuts? I see so many ppl with multiple chis but have no desire to add any more. I guess it's cause I used to have alot of dogs....10 greyhounds....they all aged and died except we do have 3 left....but it was really hard to give them all the attention they deserve....can't take them all with me....just not fair to them. I don't want to repeat that again with chis.

Do you that have alot of chis feel guilty when you can't take them all and have to pick and choose? How do you pick? I just couldn't handle that. So happy that I have just my 2 little perfect ones to spoil the heck out of!! Oh and how do you afford to buy all the accessories and clothes for your dogs w/multiple dogs? Paris & Bruiser have a huge wardrobe but just cannot imagine doing that with more than 2. Just curious on your thoughts.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I guess it just depends! :)

We have two, and will probably at one point get a third because when one wants to play -the other doesn't always. The chances of finding a playmate go up a little with another, so we'll likely get another (oh, and we wouldn't mind a third chi-baby either!).

(Sorry to go off topic... but... are your dogs EARS PIERCED!?!?!?)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
three's not so bad actually...even when traveling**** with five you get sitter...LOL

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Sometimes I wish I just had my one :) Just sometimes. Most of the time I love my whole crew. IMO 4 is better than 3 because you can take 2 and leave 2, and the ones left aren't alone. Then you alternate the two who go and stay. Its not really that bad but its hard looking at those little faces and leaving them!

I don't think you need to keep Gucci if you are happy with how things are and finding him a good home with all the attention in the world isn't a bad thing :) It'd be worse to keep him and resent him!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
(Sorry to go off topic... but... are your dogs EARS PIERCED!?!?!?)
I was wondering the same thing Lol

I have 3 I usually bring Lola with me because Quark dosnt like crowds or Big dogs or Men or hats or loud noises ... And Ava hates car rides... when we go to my moms or Brads moms then We bring all of them if we are going somewhere where they all cant go i usally bring lola and get a sitter for Quark and Ava...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I rotate who stays and who goes. Sometimes it's just last time Roxy and Lily went to Petco so this time Daisy and Riley will go. Other times I take them based on the environment where we are going. For example, we are taking a dog friendly bay cruise (2 hours) on halloween. You can have one dog per adult so probably Daisy and Lily will get to go. They are the least active and it won't kill them to sit and enjoy the boat ride. Riley and Roxy would freak out if they had to sit still that long!

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
i either take all 3 out - or if they cant come with they all go round to my mum's which they love - the only time i will just take one, is if im going training or a show with B and then either my mum or fiance will be with the girls

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
What about these people who have 16 chi's, it would be impossible to give them all the same attention. Can you imagine sitting on the sofa trying to cuddle all 16, so 3 don't sound too bad but I wouldn't take two out and leave one at home, I'd feel too guilty. 4 does sound a better number, at least when you go out taking 2 the other 2 are company for each other

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I try and take both dogs, and when we go for walks etc they both go, the only time I take one or the other is when it comes to shows, in which case Maisie comes and Pip stays home.

Other than shows though, both dogs come with me. My dogs don't NEED all these accessorys, so long as they each have a jumper and a coat for winter,thats all they really need. More dogs simply mean a few less jumpers/diamonte collars etc. If its the right dog for me then it doesnt matter if they have less jumpers, less fancy collars, less new harnesses - They simply dont need them - They can share the old ones when moneys tight :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for the replies. I was just always curious what ppl do that have more than 2 chis. My 2 go everywhere with me. I never have to leave 1 at home and take the other. Either they both stay or both go. I don't have to feel one bit guilty cause both are very spoiled and loved equally. My dogs have the best of everything...I know they don't "need" it but I love buying for them and I am in a place financially where I can. I think they have more clothes than me!! :p And yes, my dog's ears are pierced....before anyone freaks and flames me....my vet knows and has absolutely NO problems with it...they were done before I got them and I never took them out...they don't mind them at all and have had absolutely no problems with them. I was at a dog festival and there was a vet there at one of the booths and he came up to me saying I should put a hoop in Bruiser's ear..lol. He sd he always wanted to pierce his dog's ear..lol.

Thanks again for the replies. I don't think I will ever add a 3rd chi....I'm so happy at 2!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, he came in as a foster....we were going to keep him but decided to let him be adopted out. He is getting a wonderful home on Tuesday!!!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
O thats great! I could never do fostering, it would be so difficult to see them go. Sounds like you had the perfect scenario to find out three chis is not for you!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes it was perfect!! I travel ALOT and it's just sooo much harder with 3. My 2 are perfect angels and he just mixes that all up. For instance, I'm a singer....I travel on tour and sing.....last weekend I was in SC and alway take my 2 with me....well, my 2 sit in their bag beside my sound tech table on stage and are complete angels....Gucci would NEVER do that!! LOL! I am so spoiled with mine being so portable and adaptable that I just am afraid of messing that up. I am so blessed. Also all 3 won't fit in the bag. So it just throws everyone off. Paris & Bruiser have the life!!! We travel to different hotels and they are living it up.....they love the traveling!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Oh sure, sometimes I miss just having 1 or 2 to spoil...but I'd not change having my six for anything. :) I obviously do have to pick or choose who goes where with us & I do that based on where we are going. Matilda gets super anxious on car rides so I take her the least because she gets so stressed out. But she is the one I let zip around the yard with no lead because she loves bolting around. She'll walk outside or in the woods with me while I'm putsing around...so she does get her different stimulation that way. Maxie & Maya LOVE to ride...so they are the ones I often will take on short rides to school & what not. Marley loves to be around people...so he'll go out & about shopping with me (as do some of the other pups at times...but he I take the most based on his enjoyment of it). And Milo also does great with being with large numbers of people. We just took him to our local pumpkin fest the other day which I have pics to post from at some point. He was great... Mari also goes quite a bit "out & about" with us. She's a bit more bark happy so I take that into consideration.

I'm a big home body so I really don't go out & about much...but when we do go into town for different events I'll take one or two along & the others have free run of the house whlie we're gone. They have plenty of comany so they don't get bored.

As for toys, clothes, etc. We're not huge dress up people. We do have a lot of outfits for when my girls feel the need to play dress up. ;) Otherwise it's sweaters when it's cold out. It is hard because when we go shopping you can't just buy one thing...you have to buy six of one thing. LOL But it's ok. My pups aren't lacking in toys, clothes, blankets, etc. They all get equal attention & individual loves often from every member of my family.

Our Chi's are a HUGE part of our family. Everything we do we have to consider them. We can't just drop the entire six off with family if we decide to go away for the weekend (which we very rarely do). But it's ok--their presents fits in to our family just fine & we love them all to death.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I take all 4 of mine. Once in a blue moon I'll take Lexie alone, but not often. They all love to go and be with their Mommy, and there isn't any way that I could look into those sweet little eyes and make a choice to leave anyone behind. For me, I didn't take on anymore than my lifestyle could handle. That way they all get equal attention and treatment. As for clothes and stuff, they all get equal there too. I can’t handle more than 4, or afford to properly care for more, so my pack is done. My advice would be to always give ample thought to everything before making a choice. :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, I agree T!!! I do not take adding a dog to my family lightly. 2 is the perfect number for me as I do like buying for them and taking them everywhere. I take them in restaurants and all stores in their dog bag. I could never leave anyone at home....just couldn't...no matter how many there were at home to keep them company.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts