Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Red came to me he was fed on Royal Canin so I continued with this. Red is now 6 months old and I was wondering if it would be okay to move him onto Acana Grasslands which I feed Jake.

I have been introducing Acana slowly with Red but wondered if it was too soon.

I have scanned the Acana bag and I can't see anywhere that says if its suitable for all ages or just Junior / adult dogs.

I am nearing the end of the Royal Canin and not sure whether to buy another bag or not or change Red onto Acana completely.

Thanks all

Deme x

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I can't find any info online it has a high protein amount so I would think it'd be ok tho! Ask in the nutrition section someone may answer I have no clue

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I'd go for changing Red over completely. I was always told after 6mo it was ok to change our guys to an adult food anyhow. Plus it being a higher quality food it should be fine. Typically if it doesn't say what stage it is intended for it is all life stages. So you should be completely fine switching him. :)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I am feeding 50/50 Acana and Royal Canin now and he seems okay so I will start 75/25 and eventually 100% Acana..

Thanks I feel happier moving him over to Acana now.

Deme x

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I always switch about 6-7 months to an adult food in the toy breeds, so I think you will be fine making the switch now. YEAH!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Yeah it is totally fine Dawn.
It is all life stages, i feed Dillon Acana now aswell as the girls.
He is under 4 months old.
I always do it slowly like you too, saves any possible runny bums. hehe!!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only thing in switching is that with Acana Grasslands being bigger pieces it doesn't look as much and I think... cor they are getting starved.. lol

But I know once in the stomach the pieces expand so giving more wouldn't be a good idea and the fact Jake is loosing weight slowly I know he isn't going hungry.

What is more important is everyone has said its okay to change to Acana so thats great to hear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts