Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Stewie is 8 mos. old and I have been told that keeping her in her bed (small crate) while I'm at work is wrong. I have tried gating her in my bathroom which has lots of room, but she somehow is always at the front door when I get home (she obviously is scaling the fence). She is just as excited and obnoxious when I get home to see her at the door as when she is in her crate. She spends about 4 hours at a time in the crate or in the gated area (if she actually stayed there). Does anyone have any advice/recommendations as to what to do with her? She has not destroyed anything (yet) when she's out on her own, but I am afraid for her that she will get into something that may hurt her (she loves to eat things no matter what they are). Is it alright to keep her in her crate which she appears to love, or is it better to give her free reighn of my house?

·
Registered
113 Posts
It is probably (in my opinion) much safer for her to be in her crate than loose in the house while you are out. We crate Chili when we will all be gone, and he is fine with it. I don't know why someone would tell you it is "wrong" to crate her while you are at work? Maybe out of a concern for her to not be bored. Make sure she has plenty of toys and/or a tv/radio to keep her little brain busy & she should be fine.
If you are at work for long periods of time, maybe also keep a little food/water in there and paper for her to potty on?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts