Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far everytime we bring Sully out to poop outside he rubs his butt on the cement when hes done...he only does it for a second but i was wondering if any or your chis do this?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
He may be just wiping his tush.

Cooper will scoot on the carpet when he comes inside from a poop just for a second. I don't know this for a fact, but I think the process of pooping and emptying the anal sacs makes his bum itchy so he's got to momentarily scoot.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Lola does the same! She often scoots along my carpet :shock: for a second after having a poop! I thank her for wiping her arse on mummy's carpet! So kind! She also does it occasionally at random times... she doesn't have worms or anything else so I think she just gets an itchy bum like the rest of us sometimes!! :D

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I agree, she's probably just scratching an itch. If you are worried, you could ask your vet to see if her anal sacs need emptied, though.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Ummm..that is nothing more than wiping the hiney...don't you wipe your hiney after you poop?? lololol..i'm just being funny..!
Seriously...that is how they wipe...Jolie does this on my carpet..but if i grab a baby wipe real quick and wipe for her she'll forego the hiney scoot on the carpet thing. :)

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
My Sully and Rosie dont do it but Fynn who has had two Anal gland abcess's in the past has done it though there is nothing to see or feel at the time quite a few weeks later she had an anal gland abcess. :(

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
sullysmum said:
My Sully and Rosie dont do it but Fynn who has had two Anal gland abcess's in the past has done it though there is nothing to see or feel at the time quite a few weeks later she had an anal gland abcess. :(
Poco just recently had an abcess too who knew :shock: I took him to the vet and she emptied Bella's & Poco's. I bet that's what you baby is trying to do.

·
Registered
587 Posts
mine wipe their booties too, well usually just Roxy, she likes to wipe it on the tile in the kitchen and sometimes it leaves a little poop trail :bootyshake: if she has loose stool i wipe it with a puppy pad and she doesnt scoot... i think it is itchy booties!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
A lot of dogs do this - not just chis. It can be a symptom of worms or problems with the anal sacks, but I think it's usually just their way of wiping or scratching if they have an itchy bottom.

Tia, my previous chi, very seldom did this, but that was because mommy always wiped her bottom after she pooped. :lol: My family used to tease me about that constantly. :lol: I started doing that when she had diarrhea one time not long after I adopted her, and it became such a routine for us that when we came inside and I took her leash off, she would go straight to the bathroom and stand there till I cleaned her tush. :lol: And if I happened to forget, she'd come and stare at me, then run back to the bathroom.

Jazzy on the other hand, will run and get under the bed if she sees me coming toward her with toilet paper or a baby wipe. She prefers to clean her own tushie, thank you very much. :lol:

·
Registered
402 Posts
whenever my dog poops he does a short buttrub on the grass until his little behind is clean! Would you want to run around with something dangling from your behind?!! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts