Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Opposite

I have heard the opposite, that it is better to wear a collar! The harness can chafe the "armpit" and also make them walk a bit like a bulldog. But if there´s a big dog who wants to eat your baby, the harness is alot better... :) They have great ones at www.chiwawagaga.com which don´t chafe anything that I´ve noticed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Many of the people who are "agains" a harness are breeders and they want the puppies that they sell to be the next champion. I have collars on both of my chihuahuas. Used to use a harness on my oldest one, but he started to pull on the leach alot, and with a collar he don´t! But he walks without a leach most of the time nowadays...
These damages to their neck/throat is something I´ve never heard of. I often discuss similar things on a swedish forum aswell and no-one there have or have had those problems with a collar. How do they get this enjury?? You would have to pull quite hard to damage them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.