Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,426 Posts
The breeder I got Cooper from didn't even ask me any questions other than "when do you want to pick him up?", so I think you're doing good.

What might be helpful to the parents you DO choose would be either a small "booklet", with advice on things like how to potty train, what to expect in the first few days/weeks of having the puppy home, a list of puppy vaccinations and when they should receive them... and maybe a listing of reputable vets and trainers in their area, along with a list of necessities for the home when you adopt a Chihuahua and general suggestions.

If you don't have time to put together something like that, maybe a listing of websites to reference so the information is easily accessible to them. (I personally LOVE http://www.ddfl.org/tips and couldn't live without it.)

I've noticed a lot of the questions that are presented here on the board have to do with new puppies and most of them are questions everyone has when they bring a puppy into their home. Maybe a little information packet would save someone from having to get on this site and ask. :lol:

· Registered
4,426 Posts
I just noticed you're in San Antonio!! :wave: Do you work with the SA Chi Rescue?

And I don't think the baby book is a bad thing - I have three photos of Cooper pre-adoption and I would really love to have more. Not just photos but information - like out of his siblings, what number was he in the birth of the group and stuff like that. Most people think I'm nuts anyway because I kept all his baby teeth, recorded his first poop outside, etc. Maybe I am crazy but I don't have any human kids so I think I deserve at least ONE child "replacement". (OmaKitty isn't my "child," she's my boss.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.