Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How old was your Chi when they were pottytrained?

How old were they when they stopped biting?

Did your puppy have thin hair in certain areas or bald spots? (No reddness or fleas)

Thank you in advance!!!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
1. Brody was pee pad trained at 11 weeks. Then we had some ups and downs and some confusion issues when we went from the pad to outside. I would say he was RELIABLY trained (no accidents and able to hold it for at least 4 hours) at about 8 months old.

2. Do you mean play biting? Brody never really did that. We played with balls and toys, never with our hands. He might have play nipped a couple times as a baby, but not after he was taught that was not acceptable.

3. Brody started losing the hair on his neck as a puppy. It got thinner and thinner until he was bald. He has no neck hair, only a little bit of hair on his chest and inside his legs. The vet said it is genetic. He doesn't have mites/fleas/etc. Some dogs that have the blue gene have the propensity towards alopecia (baldness). You can google color dilution alopecia to find out more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
My Pippa is a house dog because I have no backyard, I have a large verandah are she can go outside if she wants, but we enjoy going for walks in the park each day.
I brough her home at 7 weeks and trained her on a towel in the bathroom, she is 6 months old now and has had maybe 3 accidents, problem is she wont go potty outside on the grass when we go walking.

As to biting , she did like to chew my fingers but I said no don`t bite Mummy and I replaced my fingers with a rawhide chewy, so she doesn`t try to bite now.

She is short coat so no hair problems.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts