Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recieved a rescue chihuahua in december.i love her so much.her name is tinkerbell.she is 3 yrs old.tink weighs 3.8lbs.she just went through a heat cycle 6 weeks ago.her nipples and private area went back down 2 weeks ago.had some family members around while i was at work days ago.tinkerbells nipples and private area were red and swollen again i notice when i returned home that night .what does that mean?should i worry.she is very sensitive.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
recieved a rescue chihuahua in december.i love her so much.her name is tinkerbell.she is 3 yrs old.tink weighs 3.8lbs.she just went through a heat cycle 6 weeks ago.her nipples and private area went back down 2 weeks ago.had some family members around while i was at work days ago.tinkerbells nipples and private area were red and swollen again i notice when i returned home that night .what does that mean?should i worry.she is very sensitive.
hi! , do you have another dog in your house? or did your family members have a dog with them? or have you taken her out? as possibly she may be pregnant , im not expert! so i would wait for someone else to comment more than listening to be! lol x

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a chi x female and can say Princess is very confusing when it comes to being on heat! All the information says expect one thing but Princess is never ever what is considered *normal* even when she was pregnant. If she wasn't near a male dog during her heat cycle then don't worry, I have found that a month or so before heat and again a month or so after Princess definitely has some hormone issues as she can appear bloated, crabby and her private area may look different from time to time. If you did have an entire male dog around her then she could be pregnant but either you or your family would likely have noticed them *tie* as it would have happened more than once and probably have been a noisy and messy encounter so anyone in the vicinity would have seen it.

I'm no expert, I only have my experience with Princess to go by so am very sure there will be more people here with better advice but for now all I can really say is try not to worry about it but if you think it would put your mind at rest then call your vet and arrange a check up - it can't hurt ;)

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Hi. Welcome to the forum. If I may ask, why wasn't this little girl spayed BEFORE you took her? Most rescues demand that they be spayed first??? Whatever, I would get her spayed ASAP. It sounds maybe like she is going to have a 'false' pregnancy? Get to the vet!!! Sue

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. Welcome to the forum. If I may ask, why wasn't this little girl spayed BEFORE you took her? Most rescues demand that they be spayed first??? Whatever, I would get her spayed ASAP. It sounds maybe like she is going to have a 'false' pregnancy? Get to the vet!!! Sue
*** she was given to us by a friend-young girl**** that couldn't take care of her.i will have to schedule to get her spayed:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts