Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all sorry to be a pain but i was just reading another post about a dog having her first heat so now im a bit worryied please could someone tell me at what age can a male dog get a female preg as i now have a male and a female and they sleep toghter and do everythink toghter cocco is 11 weeks and chenell is 8 weeks so im sure it cant happen yet and i plan on getting them both done so i dont have babys but i know they are too young yet

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
You are not a pain, the only wrong question is the one not asked.
The average age for a chihuahua to come into heat is between 6 to 10 months but they could come in as early as 4 months. And she can get pregnant with her first heat. It is unsafe to breed them with the first heat cycle.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you very much now dont have to worry for at least 2 months but i will ask the vet about having cocco done as soon as poss

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Both Mia and Addy were spayed at 6 mos....before their first heat cycle. Lacey is over 7 mos and so far she hasnt had one yet. But my vet wants to wait and let her grow some more. I do not have an intact male so no worries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts