Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP is this hydrocephalus??

Do you think this pup has hydrocephalus

PHOTOS BELOW

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for that! I am very interested in her, just anxious about her health. She is in a different state so I would probly on see her if/when she arrives

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just did and I want to cry! But yes, I see there is a clear difference. Do you think the eyes will straighten up as the dog grows? Nd yes I love the colour nd markings :)

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Oh, she's beautiful & No, I don't think she has hydro. Wondering occur in some animals in infants as the eye muscles are weak. As they grow, they get stronger & straighten up the majority of the time. I don't think you have anything to worry about. She is so precious. Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
She looks normal to me! Are you going to get her?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Her eyes look fine to me, but her body is rather long. And she looks big. How old is she? But her coloring is gorgeous!! And she very cute!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, she's beautiful & No, I don't think she has hydro. Wondering occur in some animals in infants as the eye muscles are weak. As they grow, they get stronger & straighten up the majority of the time. I don't think you have anything to worry about. She is so precious. Congratulations!!!
Thats good to hear! I have got the all clear from my partner, just sent the photos to a breeder/friend to see if she thinks she is all good!

She looks normal to me! Are you going to get her?
Hopefully! Just getting advice off a breeder/friend atm :)

Her eyes look fine to me, but her body is rather long. And she looks big. How old is she? But her coloring is gorgeous!! And she very cute!
She is 3months now - I think she is on the larger side of the scale but still inthe standard. I am quite fond of her colouring too!

She is gorgeous and has the same face type as my Bailey. I say go for it, she is too cute.
Thanks! Its such a hard choice to make without seeing the dog properly!! But I think I will get her - she is such a doll

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Oohhh....have you made a decision yet, waiting on pins and needles here ;) I'm always soo excited for members to get new babes!!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think she's a doll! :love5:
Nawww I know!!

Oohhh....have you made a decision yet, waiting on pins and needles here ;) I'm always soo excited for members to get new babes!!!
Haha I am still waiting from a response from my friend - i might bug her via text lol

I think she looks normal too, but looks pet quality not show, if you are looking for show quality!
Yeah I know she has flaws but I dont think I am going to find a girl that is good show quality. The only other pups avalible or to be born soon are wither long coat or are plain white which doesnt interest me, or tan - which I have lol.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I love her and her coloring as well.....go for it....

·
Registered
327 Posts
She's very pretty :) Coco's eyes were worse than that when she was little, at seven months you can't even tell. I think their eye muscles get stronger as they grow and it fixes itself.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Not so good news

This is the Advice I got back from my exhibitor/breeder friend

Just looking at the pictures it's hard to tell. I really need one of her side-on so I can see her top-line, turn of stifle etc. But based on these pictures, yes, she is pretty in colour but I don't think she will turn out to be of show potential. SIRE'S BREEDER (Prefix Removed) is known to have big dogs and they also buy dogs from the trading post/markets and register them on the end of a litter they have bred and then charge hefty prices for dogs that aren't even purebred - so what the pedigree papers show are wrong. I know SIRES PREFIX and a lot of ethical, responsible breeders steer clear of their lines as you really don't know what you are getting. Looking at her front, she is very solid and her paws are huge. She will be a big dog. Her muzzle is quite long at this stage and I don't know if it will grow longer as she ages, she has lovely big ears. I wouldn't worry about her eyes being a little turned out. I have had pups like this and they have corrected themselves and look normal as they aged. Hoping the breeder is being honest about the hydrocephalus, then I wouldn't be too concerned. I would make arrangements with the breeder that if it turns out to be the case and you pay a lot in vet bills, that she/he agree to pay at least half of the expenses. The breeder mentioned something about a slight twist in the tail. Judges will pick up on that as it is very noticable on smoothcoats and that would cost you heavily in the showring.

With the information about the Sire's Breeder, I really dont think I should persue this puppy. Which sucks, cause she is cute :(

·
Registered
236 Posts
No I don't think she has hydrocephalus.

My son suffers from hydrocephalus & when he was born he had a very large protruding forehead & his eyes were almost forced down & shut from the pressure. Also his head was extremely heavy & hard to hold up. While he is a person & this is a dog, I imagine the results would be similar. I am prettty sure that a pup with hydro would not be able to look up the way she is in the last picture & I'd say the eyes are a result of weak focal muscles as already suggested by others.

She is absolutely adorable though & I do hope you get her :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Oops, didn't see your last post...

What a shame, she is such a cutie & what an awful thing for the breeder to be doing in regards to registering non legitimate pups!

Best of luck finding the right pup in the near future :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts