Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a stencil type thing(sorry, don't know what they are called) that you go by to make shirts/dresses or do you just wing it and measure your chi?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I have patterns for Gadget's harnesses. but I made my own pattern for his bandanas. I also made my own patterns for my pouches I make..

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gadget's Mom said:
I have patterns for Gadget's harnesses. but I made my own pattern for his bandanas. I also made my own patterns for my pouches I make..
Where'd you get the patterns? I want to try to make a shirt or a dress for my baby. :wave:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I made my patterns for my bandanas and I got the harness/vest pattern off the internet...

I also just bought one from the fabric store... It has 4 different clothes patterns and a matt pattern and leash patterns.
there are more patterns at the fabric stores... They are spendy tho... I was lucky enough to get mine on sale... It was alot cheaper getting them on sale.. I think the regular price was $15.95 and I paid $1.99.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Patterns have become VERY expensive - but if you watch for sales on patterns, you can get them reasonably. I usually get mine at Joann Fabrics when they have them on sale for $1.99 - sometimes 2/$5.00. No way am I paying $10. to $15. for a pattern.

Also, I try to buy patterns with several different styles in one envelope, or a basic pattern that I can change up by adding ruffles, trims, etc. Once you've learned how to sew, there are lots of ways to change up a pattern.

I buy most of my fabric off the sale rack too. Walmart usually has a table with lots of bolts of fabric for $1.00 a yard. Just be sure to read the labels for fabric content. As long as it's cotton, or polyster and cotton, it's fine. I try to stay away for the rayons though - they don't wash very well.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Chimom, I got my patterns @ Joanns too... My mom watches the sales for me..

Helen, I used that pattern too. It is really easy....

I got all my material from my mom... She saves all her scraps for me.. some times I get a lot of pieces of the same pattern but with all these little clothes most of them are all big enough to use.... I have some material that she gave me that is 1/2 yard or more...

She just cleaned out her material chest and she has a big garbage bag full of material for me... I can't wait until I see it...

I know that walmart has a lot of material...

I also have seen material for sale at yard sales... there is a store up in Portland called Fabric Depot. they have a fenced in area behind the store that has been set up like a side walk sale thing and you can get material from 50 cents a yard and up... They some times have reallly nice material out there for real cheap...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts