Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody.....i just have a quick question...im a little worry because my chi, which is 11 months old, is dropping a lot of hair. some people tell mhe that this is normal in some chihuahuas and some people tell me that is not. so im a little confused and worry. thank you for your help.* muah*

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Is your chi a long hair? If so, it could be losing it's puppy coat and getting it's adult one coming in.

If it's a shorthair, I don't know... you may want to call the vet on that one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey is me again.. umm ma chi nis short hair.. we asked and we got some shampoo because may be it was like dry skin or something like that, but is not doing any change. ye a lot of people tell me that is because she's loosing her baby hair. i just hope everything is fine, she acts normal and very active. thankz for everything

·
Registered
403 Posts
I ALWAYS HEARD THAT SHORT HAIR CHI'S SHED ALL YEAR AROUND THATS WHY I NEVER PAID MUCH ATTENTION TO PEANUT SHEDDING..I JUST BRUSH HIS COAT AND IT SEEMS TOO CALM THE SHEDDING DOWN FOR A WHILE

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yep, shorthair chis shed all year round. Angel sheds a fair amount but since the hair is so short, I don't always notice it. Like Cooper, she sheds even more than our cat!

As for whether or not what you are describing is normal our not, it could be but if it seems excessive or if areas are balding, I would take her into the vet just to be sure.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
JOLIE'SMOM said:
With 8 chihuahuas there's more hair around this house than in a barbershop! Earlier this summer, i actually shaved everybody to cut down on the shedding. That was way cool,,,chihuahuas with a shaved body. lolololol
If we didn't have Cooper and his mom to confirm that you're legit, I'd swear you were making this stuff up. You just crack me up, Cindie! :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
If we didn't have Cooper and his mom to confirm that you're legit, I'd swear you were making this stuff up. You just crack me up, Cindie! :lol:
I thought I confirmed she was crazy... I was unaware I confirmed her legitimacy as well. :shock:

Plus, since when do you people listen to anything I say? You know I'm just as crazy as she is. :lol:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
JOLIE'SMOM said:
With 8 chihuahuas there's more hair around this house than in a barbershop! Earlier this summer, i actually shaved everybody to cut down on the shedding. That was way cool,,,chihuahuas with a shaved body. lolololol
Well i aims to entertain! lololOLOLOL!

BEHOLD!! A shaved Emmie!! :thumbup: Notice the uneven hack job i did up around her head. Hey, i never claimed to be a hair stylist! :sign5: :toothy5:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Cooper said:
Rachael Polachek said:
I thought I confirmed she was crazy... I was unaware I confirmed her legitimacy as well. :shock:

Plus, since when do you people listen to anything I say? You know I'm just as crazy as she is. :lol:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
:sign5: :sign5: :sign5: :sign5: ~~~~~~~~ :shock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts