Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahhhhh!! I have a feeling this should have gone in pre-made food, but it's pre-made raw! Oh, the dilemma..

Anyways, was looking at the Stella and Chewy's at the store today... The label says for one 5lb dog, feed 2 patties per day.

Has anyone here fed the Stella and Chewy's frozen patties exclusively for a whole day? And if so, how many did you feed/how much does your dog weigh?

Also, I noticed they had freeze-dried patties in addition to the frozen ones (feeding portions were slightly altered). Any real difference between these two or benefits to buying one over the other?

I really wanted to buy the carnivore crunch, but it was 15.99 for the 4oz bag. :( Hubby probably would have shot me. :( Are they that expensive every where else? Or are they doing some serious price-gauging there?

Thanks in advance for anyone who has any input! :D

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
It would be really pricey to feed S&C exclusively. I use it for breakfast for Brody sometimes but I give him HALF of one freeze dried patty. I break it up and add a tablespoon of warm water. Then it's like the consistency of canned. Later in the day he eats PMR.

I think feeding two patties a day for a 5 pound dog would be too much. If you wanted to feed it exclusively, I'd do half a patty in the morning and half in the afternoon. You could adjust up if that wasn't enough food.

I do use the freeze dried as it's less hassle, no thawing, simple to travel with, etc. I haven't tried the frozen.

The carnivore crunch seems too high. I get it for $9.99.

Actually, if you're interested, this place has 75% off shipping today which makes it practically free shipping (even if you buy something heavy like cans) and they have the carnivore crunch for $9.99. Dog Food | Cat Food | Bird Food | HeartyPet.com Coupon code is 75ship.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So glad you answered! I knew you and your 5lb Brody had these on hand. Perfect. lol. :D

That's what I was thinking, too; that it would be super expensive to feed exclusively, so that's what made me wonder if their "recommended daily amounts" were too high.

I will definitely be looking at that website for some carnivore crunch! Thanks for that!! :)

Thanks so much for all the info. :) Was exactly what I was hoping for.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Let me know if you try it!! I think it's a great food. You certainly wouldn't have to feed it exclusively, but once a day would be do-able. :)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
sounds interesting, I dont think that food is available here in Australia?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I already know the answer to this question... But what if I were to feed a small amount of this, and their usual dinner (kibble, occasionally egg/shell) in the same day? Do you think they would get upset tummies from the back and forth transition of kibble to raw?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
sounds interesting, I dont think that food is available here in Australia?
It's made in New Zealand! :) Here's their website: Natural Range Of Premium Pet-food Products - Ziwipeak - Natural New Zealand Pet Nutrition

I think I already know the answer to this question... But what if I were to feed a small amount of this, and their usual dinner (kibble, occasionally egg/shell) in the same day? Do you think they would get upset tummies from the back and forth transition of kibble to raw?
No, I think you could easily feed them in the same day. I wouldn't mix them together, but as separate meals I think it would be just fine.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I think you could easily feed them in the same day. I wouldn't mix them together, but as separate meals I think it would be just fine.
Okie Doke! :) Def wouldn't mix them together. I think I'll probably get one of the freeze dried bags with 12 patties and see how it goes!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Okie Doke! :) Def wouldn't mix them together. I think I'll probably get one of the freeze dried bags with 12 patties and see how it goes!
Brody's favorite is the dandy lamb flavor. The duck duck goose is OK but every time we've tried a bag, the patties are really 'soft'. It doesn't matter really since I had a little warm water anyway, but he likes the texture of the lamb the most. :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brody's favorite is the dandy lamb flavor. The duck duck goose is OK but every time we've tried a bag, the patties are really 'soft'. It doesn't matter really since I had a little warm water anyway, but he likes the texture of the lamb the most. :)
Perfect! I'm glad you said so-I was going to get the dandy lamb! Now, is it necessary to add a little water? Or does it just give it a better texture?

hi lovesmypups! :wave:

just wanted to wave cuz i have nuthin else to reply to here LOL
Well THANKS for the advice. :bootyshake: LOL

I buy it from doggiefood.com

Stella And Chewy's Carnivore Crunch 4oz and other Stella and Chewy's pet products on sale at DoggieFood.com

It's $8.50 plus they always have coupons...you have to buy a few bags to counter the shipping too.

CYBER17 will save you 17% off your entire order today :)

DFC20 worked for me a week ago on an order, saving me 20%.
Oh wow! Thanks so much for all that! :) Those are MUCH better prices. Does your crew (especially picky Oakley) have a "favorite flavor" of the carnivore crunch?

Lame-o local store... rippin' off poor unsuspecting customers. :lol:

If you order from that site, I would highly recommend picking up some of the Primal venison lung treats too...mine adore them!
Awesome, I've been wanting to get somethin' like that for them to try!

:lol: :lol:
:hello1::hello1::hello1:

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Oakley LOVES LOVES LOVES the Carnivore Crunch. They all do. But its one of the only things she goes bonkers for. The Venison Lung is another one she likes. I like treats I can feel good about giving to them. Mine liked the venison lung so much they somehow got the bag off the shelf and ate it all while we were gone a week or so ago...tsk tsk ;)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I think their shipping is like $12 but if you order around $40 w/ coupons and stuff, it evens out to be less than you pay locally by a good bit. So I just order a few bags at once plus other treats we need to counter the stupid shipping.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oakley LOVES LOVES LOVES the Carnivore Crunch. They all do. But its one of the only things she goes bonkers for. The Venison Lung is another one she likes. I like treats I can feel good about giving to them. Mine liked the venison lung so much they somehow got the bag off the shelf and ate it all while we were gone a week or so ago...tsk tsk ;)
LOL, that's tooooo funny. I seriously don't even know how your lil doggies do the things they do when you guys are out. I have never come home to anything funny like that. :foxes15::foxes15:

I'm excited about the carnivore crunch! I really think mine will like it, too, hopefully! lol. I haven't been able to find anything around here that I would even consider giving them, so have cut all treats out recently. :( (Plus Lo is getting a little extra padding with the winter rolling in) But these look awesome. I would order stuff online all day every day for them, but we don't have a credit card to pay for online stuff. I go to the store and get a prepaid visa each time, so it's kinda a hassle, but worth it to not get my information stolen, again.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
LOL, that's tooooo funny. I seriously don't even know how your lil doggies do the things they do when you guys are out. I have never come home to anything funny like that. :foxes15::foxes15:

I'm excited about the carnivore crunch! I really think mine will like it, too, hopefully! lol. I haven't been able to find anything around here that I would even consider giving them, so have cut all treats out recently. :( (Plus Lo is getting a little extra padding with the winter rolling in) But these look awesome. I would order stuff online all day every day for them, but we don't have a credit card to pay for online stuff. I go to the store and get a prepaid visa each time, so it's kinda a hassle, but worth it to not get my information stolen, again.
Eeeep! That sounds like no fun! Hopefully you at least live somewhere better than where I do...we don't have many options here unfortunately.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts