Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad was just at Tractor Supply to get his TotW for his rescue dog Max. He was shopping pet supplies and found a Quick Detecting Pair of clippers. While looking at the product 3 different people stopped to tell him it was the greatest invention since sliced bread. All 3 people raved on their own individually and the check out counter man said he swears by them. We are going to try them.
Quickfinder® Nail Clipper - 2439239 | Tractor Supply Company

Guessing maybe not everyone has Tractor Supply where they are from, but would also have to think other places sell these or at least something similar.

Has anyone tried these? And were you pleased with them?

I'll let you know how they work tonight provided Dad thinks they are suitable to try on Rio ~ he is going to try on Max first as he has 2 clear nails and the rest dark. He will at least be able to see accuracy on the 2 clear ones.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I have a Tractor Supply right down the road from me and I hate clipping dark nails. Please do post and tell me what you think. Was it very expensive?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ok. That's awesome. Got to try them yet?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
How do they work??? I've seen some similar products in the past but they were basically nothing more than a fancy strong light... where it basically just illuminated the nail so that you could see the quick easily. But never heard of something that "detects" the quick...

ETA: Ok so I just found it on Amazon and the reviews are pretty bad... plus it says right in the product description that "Designed for use on small animals, cats, small and medium dogs up to 40 lbs. unless nails are dark and dense" & "Not recommended for large dogs or dogs with dark, dense nails." I would think that the whole point of marketing these is for people who's dogs have dark nails and have trouble seeing the quick.

There are 24 reviews, and they got less than 2 stars out of 5. Here's the link in case anyone wants to see.

http://www.amazon.com/QuickFinder-Small-Nail-Clipper-Pounds/dp/B000OZREE6

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
funny, i threw mine out across the street....where-ever u put the metal peice on the nail it'll turn green as in givin it the "go" as in bein safe when its not. buyer beware :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dad didn't get to try them this afternoon as Max was out but came back in and had been digging so feet got washed and ready for trial tonight on the two light nails. If they aren't sharp on max he is about 55 pounds they won't be worth it for him. He is just looking for guidance on the dark nails. He said he doesn't expect it to be an exact science ~ he would like to know the zone he feels is safe for Max the clippers agree with, (like he said common sense applies when using these as they would with any clippers obviously) but if they aren't sharp he is returning him. We haven't had personal experience with them because of the muddy paws ~ all we know is what the 3 people said at the store and the checkout man. So they could be a bust. He took some of my knives to sharpen and is going to clip two nails tonight or tomorrow (depending on his hip, he just had hip replacement and PT today) & he said he will make sure he has the knives back here tomorrow when I get home from work ~ he doesn't want to see me go without them ~ translation: he wants me to cook him dinner, lol ;) So I will hopefully have a progress report tomorrow.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
guaranteed it doesnt work for what its supposed to do but it will clip lol. it might as well be a very pricey nail clipper. make sure to have corn starch or qwikstop incase he nips the quick and bleeds

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He's been clipping nails for 60 some years ~ Max will make it through the test run with his quick intact ~ we're just curious :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts