Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My little guy is 18 weeks today. (4 months 3 days) He weighed 1.5 LBS gaining 2 oz in 2 weeks. Vet gave me some vitamins to give him in addition to the nutrical and his puppy food.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
WOW! What a tiny thing! I can't imagine. Phoebe was 1.5lbs when I got her at 12 weeks. And she's a small girl. He must be microscopic haha. Congrats on the weight gain. Phoebe was consistently gaining about an oz a week too for a while.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is a tiny fella. He does not realise it though. He thinks he is as big as the other dogs. He has no idea how closely I watch him to be sure he is safe.

How much does Phoebe weigh now? Your dogs are so beautiful. I loved the thread with their pictures earlier this week.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
You know I have not weighed Phoebe in a loooong time. I want to guess she's around 3.5 lbs? And very slender. So if she was thicker she'd weigh more but she's just thin framed and weight conscious. She thinks she's a model ;) I remember how excited I was when she FINALLY hit 3 lbs!
He'll probably be smaller though huh? Gosh he's tiny! And my what a large head! hahah

And thanks for the compliments on my crew :)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
He is tiny! According to the weight chart, he's only going to make it to 2 1/2 lbs, if you put any stock in the chart.

Tango was 2 lbs 4 oz at 7 months, and topped out at 3 lbs 8 oz mature weight. So he gained 1 lb 4 oz before he was done. I'm wondering if Quigley will gain as much before he reaches maturity.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
He is so so tiny daisy was that at 9 weeks! She gets weighed on monday at 12 weeks! I thought she was tiny! Love the tongue out pic

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you so much for the kind words. He is such a joy and keeps us laughing. I was relieved when the vet said he had gained some. They love him at the vets office. When we go they all pass him around. He is getting well socialized. And seems to love everyone.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:rolleyes:
He is so so tiny daisy was that at 9 weeks! She gets weighed on monday at 12 weeks! I thought she was tiny! Love the tongue out pic
Thank you! I love that pic too!

Daisy is so cute. I can't wait to see her 12 week pictures. Let us know how much she weighs.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awwwwwwww soooooo tiny! I think Billy was that when i got him at 8 weeks! So sweet, must be like having a tiny puppy all the time xx
It kinda is like having a tiny puppy all the time. My neighbors have a beautiful Austrialian Shephard the same age as Quigley and they play through the fence. Pennie is her name and she just keeps growing up and Quigley has only gained 7 oz since we got him 6 weeks ago. They are too cute together. :hello1:I must admit, I am enjoying him staying small. He is so easy to cart around with me. And him being so small he gets lots of attention, which is making him so friendly. He has yet to meet a stranger.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts