Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a hard time writing this, but today we found James nicely laid by our mail box this morning. He didnt look to be hit or anything so the only thing we can figure is that he was poisoned by someone. :foxes15:

I watched him and his siblings be born and I touched them hours after they were born. I know this happens with outdoor cats, but it still hard and my son is handling it the hardest.

I dont know, I'm trying to stay strong for my son but I just want to crumble into a heap and cry.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
I am so sorry! It hurts so much to lose a loved one. Here is my favorite poem someone gave me when one of my kids passed.

I ONLY WANTED YOU
They say memories are golden
well maybe that is true.
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.
A million times I needed you,
a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you
you never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill.
If tears could build a stairway
and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven
and bring you back again.
Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again.
Author unknown

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone. Everytime my son sees James grave he starts yelling I want James. I think as we buried him he thought James was sleeping and it didnt really hit till we walked in the house and James didn't follow after him like he usually did. But he happily throw in a red raseberry for James since James loved stealing off with his fruit.

And to top it off in five days is my birthday, this is the third pet I have lost around my birthday.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everyone. On top of James, Rocki went into heat. So now I have two things to explain. Ugh its just to quiet around here, cat wise.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thank you everyone. I finally broke down yesterday and cried. Cj is doing okay. He asks to go see James and asks if hes okay in the dirt. We putting a cross up for him hopefully today hubby has to make it. Cj took some food out for the dogs today since we're in the yard playing and than he brought out for James and we to remind him that's James had passed on and Hercules is in the house. Hercules the brother is still looking for his brother. He meows a lot but we're giving my little panther (Hercules) tons of hugs and attention. There's days he sits and just looks pitiful. We're all slowly healing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts