Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do I need to wait between the regular vaccinations and the rabies vaccinations?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason I was asking is because I have been reading on the message boards that it is dangerous to give the chis all vaccinations at once. They said to give the vacs first and then go back and get the rabies later. I am just wondering how much later?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I've always heard to wait at least a month between that and regular vaccinations. My 5 month old chi was finished his vaccinations at 3 months and he will get his rabies around 6 months. Some vets suggest getting it done when they are spayed or neutered but it's too stressful on their immune system to get it at the same time.

·
Registered
151 Posts
We did all of puppy shots at whatever weeks they were due and at 4mths the only shot they got was the rabies. I use the 3 yr rabies and only give boosters every other yr.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rabies

In my area they are supposed to get rabies vac on the visit of there last vac. So I should wait a month after? Also here we cannot get a 3yr raby vacc until they are over a year. They will not give a puppy the 3 yr vac?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper gets all his vaccinations at once.

OmaKitty gets one vaccination every 3 days when it's her time because any combo of them results in a serious reaction. We had to stop giving her the rabies vaccination completely because it makes her sick all on it's own.

I usually drink a shot of tequila for every injection. It helps calm the nerves. :drunken:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts