Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am such a proud mummy, Radley has been exploring today.

We have just been to the tea house at the park where the kind ladies gave Radley a nice biscuit and lots of fuss, he then walked.... YES WALKED back to the car. His first ever outdoor walk on the lead, and I must admit, I was shocked and impressed at how well he did!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
How precious! What a good little boy! Gizzy Wasn't too good at his first walk either. I lived in an apartment when i had first gotten him and had him training on pee pads. So it was a lil bit before i had actually takin on a long walk. He wouldn't walk through grass for the longest time! Now he wants to walk all the time :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
What a big boy! I showed Ruby her boyfriend on video!!

Mine just pull at their harnesses and I feel like I would have to drag them to get them to move. This is inside so maybe outside (it is very cold here) they will be more willing.

He is just precious!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
LOL...that was so cute!! He walked so fast to keep up...you cant see his wee little legs :) Then...looks like he quickly had enough and said...ok mum...pick me up...but went a little further...ok here's the car...lets go :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What a big boy! I showed Ruby her boyfriend on video!!

Mine just pull at their harnesses and I feel like I would have to drag them to get them to move. This is inside so maybe outside (it is very cold here) they will be more willing.

He is just precious!
:lol: he is chuffed to bits that his girlfriend has seen how brave he is :lol:

Indoors he is a nightmare, I had been trying for about 10days inside to get him to walk on the lead in practise, and he would just dig his heals in or go into reverse.
I was worried to begin with when putting him down, but once he took a couple of steps he was pretty much fine.

I was so shocked at how well he done. :hello1::coolwink:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Radleys second walk, even more impressive than the first. :D

We have conquered concrete, gravel, cobbles, paving slabs, brick, dried out leaves, ceramic tiles, mud AND grass. We even jumped over a broken fence rail.

He met a BIG golden retriever today in the park and of course being so brave tried to bark at him but bottled out and just snorted once safely behind my foot :lol: But there was lots of different dogs around and he didnt really react to any of them.

He chased me across the field, and then daddy. And looked so cute in his chunky roll neck sweater :)

He lasted about 10 minutes before he asked to be picked up, and then still continued to walk for another 5 minutes before we went for a coffee, where he promptly fell asleep on my lap.

Bless him :) We were/are so proud of him!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh, he's so clever and brave. My Wolfie can't go out for another 3wks yet as he the lady I bought him off hadn't given him his first vaccination so he started them late. I've started trying to get him used to walking on the lead over the last couple of days but it's going very slow to say the least!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts