Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
My pup is pad trained for this very reason.she hates the ground being cold or wet. I knew she wouldn't want to go in the garden in the winter months when it's lashing down, blowing a gale, freezing and pitch black. No way would I send such a tiny dog outside alone and I didn't fancy going standing around in such conditions myself either to supervise her. So she has a pad down in the living room and one in her main bathroom area, by the shed which is undercover as it's attached to the porch. It works great, she's outside but totally sheltered and so am I!

I would never let a chi out in the garden on it's own, anything might grab it. Back in the summer I had mine running around the garden while I was watching her. I suddenly noticed a big hawk above us, swiftly joined by another two and realized they were circling around her. I panicked and rushed back in the house. Sure enough once we'd gone in the hawks disappeared. Dread to think what would have happened if I hadn't been there.

· Administrator
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A friend of mine said he saw several people standing in a circle in a parking lot. There was a small Chi in the middle of the circle just playing around when a hawk swooped down and took the little fellow away. It happened so fast no one could do anything.

Thank you for the information, I will give it a try with the pads. I had thought about taking a patch of our yard and place it on a plastic pan on the front porch and see if that would work. We never leave our little one alone, too many coyotes around here. Thanks again.

· Registered
Sammy
5 Posts
Oh I get so upset hearing about hawks taking small pets. I see that in our neighborhood NextDoor at times so even though we have a fenced in yard (what I always wanted) we stay outside with both our dogs when they are out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts