Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
" Just this side of Heaven is a place called The Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill or old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling to each other in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together........

Author Unknown
"

·
Registered
810 Posts
Ok, I am choked up now. That was beautiful Mia!
I never knew an animal that I loved so much as my last toy poodle. She was smart and so loving. She listened so well and honestly was a perfect angel. I miss my Molly so much that when I play w/my little Lola at times I get tears in my eyes, cuz I wished that I would have played w/Molly more or held her more. I learned not to take animals for granite. I was good to Molly, but I never really thought about her ever being gone. I remember when she died, I would think that I could hear her barking in the shower, I would be sad when the door bell rang and there was no barking, just silly things we take for granite. I missed her protecting us and just loving us unconditionally. God really blessed us w/her and we were so lucky. Now, I know I will treat each day like it is the last w/my future pups. I really truly hope we get to see our Molly again one day in that wonderful Rainbow Bridge!! :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Thats a beautiful poem Mia. I got that from the crematorium after my fox terrier Abby was cremated. I wrote a poem about her...she was such a special dog to me. I tell peppy about his 'big sister' all the time, and I believe she sent him to me, because they share so many similar traits!

http://members.westnet.com.au/jasonbroadhurst/images/webpage/poems.htm

Go to the above link and you will see a poem I wrote about Abby, also one Victoria (Kemo's Mamma) wrote about her.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

The above is a beautiful flash animation about the rainbow bridge.......have tissues handy!

RIP Abby girl

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Well I am reaching for the tissue. I swear I see that poem everyday at work and it never fails...if I really sit down and read it I start to cry.

Request From Rainbow Bridge
Weep not for me though I am gone
Into that gentle night.
Grieve if you will, but not for long
Upon my soul's sweet flight.
I am at peace, my soul's at rest
There is no need for tears.
For with your love I was so blessed
For all those many years.
There is no pain, I suffer not,
The fear now all is gone.
Put now these things out of your thoughts,
In your memory I live on.
Remember not my fight for breath
Remember not the strife.
Please do not dwell upon my death,
But celebrate my life.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.
--Unknown

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Oh that is a jerker!!!!!!!!!
I know I will be a mess when Kemo goes! I cant even think about it or I cry :(

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Thats what gets me crying everytime I read these poems...I cannot help but put myself in the situation when its time for me to say goodbye to my three...uch...cant even think about it. I dont know what I am going to do. Hopefully thats not for a very long time

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ok I am choked up now too with the rest of ya. My babies are so young and it kills me to think that one day I will have to let them go to the Rainbow Bridge. But thats not for a VERY long time, I hope :? Just a quick story... My sister owns Miniature Pinschers. She has always owned a brother/sister pair, the female being black/rust and male being stag red. The female was always bigger than the male. The first pair was Prissy and Rowdy and this last pair was Sassy and Buster, sadly one day last year, Buster got out of the yard, and was killed by a car. The animal control people called my sister at work to tell her he was gone. She still owns Sassy, and because Sassy was lonely, she got another male, Chief, who is HUGE for a Min Pin, anyways, she bred them, and they had a litter of puppies. Two black/rust males and 1 chocolate/rust female! Chocolate Min Pins are kinda unique, and they decided to keep her, Her name is Godiva, and she looks JUST like her Uncle Buster who has since crossed the Rainbow Bridge. We believe that Buster has come back, and was reincarnated into Godiva.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Oh my gosh I am crying my eyes out. That last poem was so sad. I had to make that decision for my 15 yr old chi 3 1/2 years ago. I will always miss her. :cry:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I would like to send my sympathies to tattdangel whose baby Karma crossed over the rainbow bridge - I wish I could come on over and give you a hug - but I cant so I send them through the airwaves

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Clare and SC thank you 2 so much, I was surprised to see you both took it upon yourselves to say that. SO sweet. I promise I will post a picture of her here when i get the film developed. I keep putting it off. I took a bunch of pictures w/ her and Mikey and just don't have the heart yet to look at them.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts