Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ori has been pee pad trained for ages, she's normally great but then we have these stages where she just decides to randomly pee and poop in other places! I don't get it:confused: The last few days i've found sprays in the bathroom and living room, which I maybe understand, but today i stepped in a puddle in the middle of her room, two steps away from the pad. WHY!?!

Any advice or tips welcome!

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
If she's young, you may just need to reinforce her training.

If she's over a year you might want to get her checked for a bladder or uninary track infection.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,

My bella is doing the same. weeing and pooing anywhere. When i first got Bella she used to stay in a cage at night. but weve made a room for her...since doing this shes pooing and weeing anywhere then some days her pad will be full of wee's n poo's...i dont get it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BellaBoo said:
Hi,

My bella is doing the same. weeing and pooing anywhere. When i first got Bella she used to stay in a cage at night. but weve made a room for her...since doing this shes pooing and weeing anywhere then some days her pad will be full of wee's n poo's...i dont get it.
Yes! That sounds exactly like Ori - sometimes perfect, sometimes far from it! BTW, she is almost a year, so could this be marking? If so, what action should I take?

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
My youngest chi turned 1 year in November.
It's been my experience that they go through a phase aproximatly between 10 months and 1 year, like a teenager testing their boundries.
Stick with your potty training and if you catch her going where she's not suppose to tell her "NO" and take her where she's suppose to go. Be sure to clean it up well.
It seems like once they get past that 1 year old hump they do much better, as long as you have trained them correctly.
If you've had her spayed, I doubt that she's marking. It's pretty rare for females to do that after they've been spayed. I'd just reinforce her potty training.
I know it's frustrating, but remember as long as you've done well with her training she'll be back to normal soon :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much Mrs P - that's great advice. It looks like we are well in the hump - I just hope she doesn't get moody like a teen too!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Just a comment on female marking - Boop marked on her walks at about 5 1/2 months. She was spayed a bit after 6 months, and now, going on 10 months, she still marks. Luckily, she only marks on a walk, not in the house. Not that she's 100% house-trained, but she's getting there.

I think I've noticed some of that teenage behavior, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts