Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Oscar out as usual this morning and he went pee a few times. Then, within half an hour he went on the carpet in my living room right in front of me! He's a rescue, and does have some potty issues but has never gone in our home before. I have been sick for the past few days do we haven't been going on walks, but he is still being taken out pretty often. Any idea why he would do this? He didn't looked ashamed either even after I scolded him. Do you think this is a dominance thing? He's not sick and does not have a uti as we just saw the vet.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
was the grass wet this morning? or was it cold out? that may sometimes cause them to do this.
also, please do not scold him. negative energy from you will just cause him to hide his mistakes.
instead, gives tons of praise when he goes where you want him to (outside). most of all,
be consistent. if you were walking him, and have stopped, that does shake things up a bit. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
was the grass wet this morning? or was it cold out? that may sometimes cause them to do this.
also, please do not scold him. negative energy from you will just cause him to hide his mistakes.
instead, gives tons of praise when he goes where you want him to (outside). most of all,
be consistent. if you were walking him, and have stopped, that does shake things up a bit. :)
Nothing seemed different at this morning. I saw him pee at least twice which was why I was so confused. I didnt actually scold him, just said not inside and picked him up and took him back outside.

He is around 2-3 we think and is neutered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts