Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amberleah has had a rash on her throat, she has no fur only skin, I think when she sleeps she might sweat and causes a rash because she is all curled up. . Looks like my eczema. I wander what I can put on to prevent the rash, maybe powered? any idea. I don't see her clothes rubbing on it, my husband thinks that is why. I don't.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
hmmm poor baby. i think coconut oil may do the trick, not too sure. i know sell some stuff for them in stores and online. or it may be a hotspot?? im not too familiar with them...doe she scratch at it at all?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm poor baby. i think coconut oil may do the trick, not too sure. i know sell some stuff for them in stores and online. or it may be a hotspot?? im not too familiar with them...doe she scratch at it at all?
No she doesn't scratch at all. Boy my eczema does. When I sweat my eczema get bad. So wonder if same kind of rash.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Poor Amberleah. Does it itch her? I read that putting on some baking soda mixed with water will help stop the itching so they don't make it worse and more painful for themselves. It could be an allergic reaction to something. I don't think it's her clothes either because she's been wearing all sorts of clothes for a long time right? I don't think all of a sudden her skin would get irritated by it. But you could see what happens if she doesn't wear her outfits for a few days.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
orrrr did u change ur laundrt detergent at all? does she wear collars? dont think its the same rash as u if it doesnt itch

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
She could be allergic to the clothes detergent. I know I am to certain scents. I have to get one or two brands I know I am good with and keep to them or I break out in a rash. Have you changed detergents lately? Sometimes I would use them for a while, then break out. I hope you can figure it out.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I use same laundry stuff, she wears no collars at all. Can I put cortisone cream on like I put on mine?
I wouldn't in case she decides she wants to give it a good lick. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts