Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question...
Bambi has a few red dots on her neck. They just appeared today. They are just on the skin, you are unable to feel them. Could this just be a rash. She was wearing a sweater which was made with thick material

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
That's a good question.
I would not put the sweater on her for several days and see if it goes away. If it doesn't, or it gets worse, take her to the vet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not too sure what it was made of. My boyfriend's mom had knitted it for her. We took it off her and had no clothes on her yesterday and this morning the rash is gone.
Thanks for the help guys.
Foxy you always have answers, you're the dog healer:) Thanks so much!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I know for me personally, my skin gets red when I wear wool because it's really itchy, so maybe it could've been like that for your baby. Is the sweater made out of wool? I wouldn't worry about it unless the rash starts spreading or doesn't go away within a couple of days. I would probably not put the sweater back on either to see if that's what caused it.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
if its wool, alot of dogs (especially toy breeds) have an allergy to wool, its posibly one of the most common allergies and generally results in a red itchy rash that should go away after a few days of not being in contact with the allergen.
dont put anything wool on your dog for a week, if the rash goes away its a wool allergy and you just need to check the label and use only acrylic and cotton and other manmade clothing fomr now on. however if it doesnt go away within a week, off to the vet for a skin scrape to see if its a mite.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts