Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got my girls some chicken wings tonight for dinner.. They normally have ZP but wanna break it up a bit and make it more interesting for them!
Any advice on giving the wings b4 i let them have it?
I always worry about the bones especially chicken bones...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im just really nervous! Hopefully some1 might have some answers soon b 4 my girls wake up n want their dins!!

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
chico eats the chicken wings without any problems... he didn't know what to do with it when I first fed him them.... but now he grabs it off the plate as soon as I set it down..... I do set a blanket on the floor and don't allow him off it with the raw chicken...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Zippy eats raw chicken bones all the time without incident. We never eat wings but that's because they're generally over $2 a pound whereas we can get thighs or leg quarters for $1 a pound or less. I do not think, however, that raw wing bones would be any different for digestion than leg or thigh bones.

That said, make sure that you DO NOT EVER feed cooked bones! Cooked bones are dry and brittle and not easily digestible because all of the moisture has been drained from them. As they move down a dog's throat and intestinal tract they can splinter into tiny pieces as sharp as needles. Very dangerous and potentially life threatening.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chico eats the chicken wings without any problems... he didn't know what to do with it when I first fed him them.... but now he grabs it off the plate as soon as I set it down..... I do set a blanket on the floor and don't allow him off it with the raw chicken...
Hey Jan, thats what i have done with them, ive put the towel on the floor and they r tucking in munchin on the bones!!
lola just ran off with hers tho and was growlin and snarlin at me when i went near her lol! Managed to get it bk now im holding it while shes eating it!! pheww!!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the girls wont get a poorly tummy after these will they? they are both used to canned zp and zp pieces...

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
I never had any tummy problems with Chico but I suppose it depends on the Chi.... I will feed a couple of days with bone.... day or so without bone.... but I also feed ZP sometimes...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im gunna feed them mainly on zp but throw in the odd raw.. they are absolutly loving them.. Penny just finished hers!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Glad they enjoyed their wings! They should do just fine with them. Just use in place of a meal whenever you want to give them. :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad they enjoyed their wings! They should do just fine with them. Just use in place of a meal whenever you want to give them. :)
Thanks! yes i will do, got loads in the freezer so girls will be treated again soon! Penny is tucked up in bed, must have been a been a good work out too!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts