Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I felt inspired tonight and decided to video (with my phone) the dogs eating their raw food, so here it is, it didn't occur to me until Ziva was 1/2 way done that I should probably talk or something lol!

Ziva (4 & 1/2 month old Miniature Pinscher) eating a cornish hen leg bone
YouTube - Ziva 4 month old miniature pinscher eats raw

Zoey (Almost 5 year old Chihuahua)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM8kMBbxr3Q

Here is another one I've been trying to upload since the 2nd of September, Zoey inhaling Smelt & Canned Mackeral
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_bHErgzfbA

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Gah, those pictures of Zoey don't do her justice, she's a doll!

I just want to scoop her up and kiss her, maybe not with the raw kissy face, but you know haha!

Thanks for uploading this, i'm going to show my bf tonight. Gretel has bad "seasonal allergies" I wonder if raw would help improve on that.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been forcing the issue with her, if she doesn't eat them she goes hungry (which has made all the difference) usually she will bite it a few times then spit it out, then after a few minutes decides she better eat or she's not getting anything lol....and also that had bone in it so she handles those better.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Thought I'd add in a raw video to this thread. (hope that is ok!) I recorded this for the pups a.m. meal--chunks of a Cornish Hen. I always fed bone in meals on a towel in the living room but got in the habit of feeding in the kitchen when we were doing ZiwiPeak & HK. They seem to do very well with their raw this way too...I just had to add the newspaper because a couple are pretty messy. LOL Hope you enjoy! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sU68B3eUho

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Heather that's great what size are this portions?? They look huge but ur guys are in such fab shape!!! Mine would be so happy with those meals I love how Maya and clown boy eat!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Great videos guys!

Heather, I love watching your guys eat! so cute!

Mchi's Heather, your kids are so POLITE. They each go to their own bowls and stay right there with their portions. That is amazing to me. :) And when they are done, they just walk away. Well trained I'd say!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I like that Maya growled makes it seem more realistic haaha I crate lotus daisy is a pain and will chew 50mph just to finish to try to get lotus'

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Sarah, their portions ranged from 1.3oz (Maribelle) to 3.8oz (Marley). Each will need 1oz at least more to their daily allowance. Marley *used* to require close to 6oz of raw a day...I'm keeping him there & monitoring his weight & if he starts to get chunky I'll lower it. Matilda has a very high metabolism & requires about 5oz a day & it goes down from there. Maya & Milo I'm feeding 4oz (Maya could put on a few oz & Milo can't afford to loose anymore). The two smallest are getting 2.5-3oz. I'm monitoring them all just to be sure but this is where they were before & did great. Milo & Maya I may need to reduce in the future but both lost a bit on ZiwiPeak so I'm still trying to get them up a tad.

Anyway, Maya & Marley did go right to town with holding their food. It's funny because on a towel Mari & Maxie use their paws a lot too but with the dishes they kept their paws out of it! (which I prefer because it's not so messy LOL) And yes, Marley steped on Maya's chunk so she got after him. ;) Marley is usually the noisiest but I guess he is comfortable with his dish & knows I don't let any nosey pups in his area. ;)

Tracy, this is a biggie reason why I love this eating arrangement! On the towel they were more apt to circle around like voltures after they were done eating (though I *tried* to keep them on the couch when they were finished). They got so in the habit of eating & then leaving in the kitchen it's working out much better with the raw! I figure with so many there need to be some sort of "rules" otherwise it would be a big chaotic mess. LOL But they do wonderful going to the right dishes (Mari & Maya do get mixed up now & again as they did in the video--but they also have a hard time walking pass all the yummy meat! hehe) & leaving when they're finished.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I love all the videos! I'm grinning ear to ear! :)

Heather/Cprcheetah
I kept waiting for Ziva to grab hold of her chicken leg. Lol! All mine use their paws to hold down their food, so I really enjoyed watching Ziva eat paw free. She is talented! Lol!
Zoey is just a precious little thing. Her paws look great! She seems to do really well with her food. No problem chewing at all.
She is so lucky to have you!

Heather/Mchis
I loved how they all went to their own bowls! They are a pack of amazing raw eaters. I wonder what mine would do if I had their bowls already down then let them come into the room? Chaos! Lol! My guys are well behaved and stay in their designated spot next to each other to eat, with no fights or food stealing, so I have no complaints. :)
I Loved your video!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I was gonna ask you because there is so many of them racing around playing all day they must surely burn more calories so need more food?? That was my theory anyway!! I've upped daisys to her delight lol over the last few weeks and she's getting about 3oz daily and hasn't gained at all just seems way happier at dinner time!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts