Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to make it to Tuesdays seminar. It's free and at a pet store, so I am not expecting too much. But the person giving it has been feeding raw for 14 years. The biggest problem will be hubby. He says we can't afford it. But I'm going to gather as much info as I can. One girl at a different pet store said she does raw only 2 months per year and that eliminates her allergies!! Could that be right?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I've never heard of the allergy thing. Raw does improve allergies and improve overall condition/health, but I wouldn't do it for just two months a year!

Feeding raw for just one small chi is really quite cost effective. They don't have to eat filet mignon! LOL! I spend less on raw for Brody than I did on premium kibble.

Will be interested to hear what they say at your raw seminar. I wonder what type of raw the presenter does... premades, prey model, BARF? There are differences in each style.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Only 2 months a year?? Why would anyone do that..? Weird...

If the only pet you're considering raw feeding is a chihuahua; it is definitely not more expensive. We pay less now with our chi's on raw diet than we did buying them a 5-star kibble. I think it's really only an advantage for our little ones; but it's definitely been easier on our budget since we switched! Make sure your hubby knows an adult dog eats just about 2-3% of it's body weight daily if it's on raw diet... it's significantly less than most people would assume.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts