Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the feed store yesterday to pick up some Petz Life. The woman who owns the store knows I feed Raw.....so she starts fishing me about what Ive been feeding the pups. I told her and then she says they have a new product in called Raw Health. Its made in Winter Park Florida. Anyone ever heard of it or tried it. I told her I wasnt trying anything new until I did my research first which starts with you guys :D

Home

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I've never heard of it.
It seems okay, but I don't like the 13% veggie content.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Yeah...I noticed that too. The cat formula doesnt have any veggies. Why do they think veggies are for dogs but not cats:confused:
IDK but what my dogs lack in veggie content in the diet *I* feed them, they help themselves to loads of it out in the yard...ugh. Maybe thats why they add it in?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
On a piece of paper it looks decent tho. I am wary of anything over 20% "other" content, but realistically its still probably a good option if you are looking for some ease and variety. I don't know that I've ever heard of the company or its reputation so you might want to see about that but I can't say I think it'd hurt if you wanted to try it, but at the same time if its price-wise comparable to something like Stella & Chewies which is less veggies, why use something with more "filler"?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They don't carry Stella and chewy anymore which stinks. Their bag of 32 chicken patties was $16.99 and the beef was $18.99 for raw health

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I've noticed new products cropping up all over. I think companies are wanting to get in on the raw food bandwagon. That's fine as long as it's well thought out and the ingredients are excellent.

This company doesn't say anything about using grass fed cows so I'd guess it is just factory farmed beef. That's fine, just something that could be a little better if I was going to spring for the expensive pre-mades over do it yourself. I also don't see enough organ in the mixes. They contain liver, but no other organ. They also use bone meal instead of ground bone. I'd rather see ground bone than bone meal personally. (Even if it's human grade).

If I was hard pressed for a pre-made, I might use it occasionally. But this wouldn't be a daily or a frequent meal in my house. I think there are better options, especially for the price. $19.00 could buy some pretty nice cuts of beef! Use your own judgement.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I've tried Raw Health raw prepared foods before back when I lived in Orlando. Dakota loved them and did great on them, I wouldn't use them long term simply because they are more expensive than doing raw on your own but they do make a nice back up or alternative if you need something quick, easy and balanced if you're having someone pet sit or want to travel with a convenient little raw meat chub on vacation.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The shop owner said they use grass fed beef. Of course I didnt see anything on their website that backed that up:confused: I wasnt really looking at getting anything but thought that it might be ok as a back up. I think I may just have to go that extra mile and drive aways to get the Stella and Chewys.
Thanks everyone for your valuable input :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts