Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Can anybody recommend any good Raw/Natural Kong fillers? Ideally something that keeps fresh in the fridge for cupboard for a few days as I only have little Isabelle at the moment.

I don't like feeding her rubbish or naughty food so please only natural foods only.

She currently has bully sticks (in UK we call them pizzle) and Paddywack which is a tendon from a cows back, but these are to chew on and not to stuff. I tried all natural no salt no sugar peanut butter and she disliked it, and I wasn't keen on feeding her it either.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Plain yogurt? Cottage cheese?

When I use that kind of thing I freeze it in the kong so they have to work at it a little, not just lick it out in 2 minutes and be done.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I don't use kongs but I've heard of people using canned food (the 95% meat kind) and freezing. You can also scramble a raw egg (with a little ground beef if you wanted) and then freeze. Canned tripe would be a hit, I'm sure. Everyone I've talked to that uses raw in kongs freezes it first.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cottage cheese is a good idea, are dogs ok with dairy?

Tripe is currently something that I already use to fill the Kong, that or Mackerel. Isabelle loves it but it's not quite sticky enough. I could use it to fix with cottage cheese - yucky for us but yummy for dogs!

Thanks for your input. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I would think of cottage cheese as a treat and while I wouldn't feed it every day, I think it's fine for a treat.

I've heard of using chicken feet also in kongs. If the mackerel wasn't sticky enough, you could use a raw egg as a binder or a little bit of peanut butter, or the cottage cheese might work too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts