Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am considering feeding Poppy a raw diet. I really don't like the idea of touching them after they've eaten meat, as I'm vegetarian, but I've read so many benefits. My Staffy girl was raw fed, but she lost a lot of weight, so I fed her raw in the morning, and Orijen kibble in the evening. This seemed good, and she loved her chicken wings, but swallowed them whole. Poppy is so small that I can't even imagine feeding her a chicken wing! Don't they get covered in chicken goo? :confused:

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Eh, not really. If mine are fed a bony meal that takes a while to eat, they usually lick themselves clean after (like cats, lol). If it is a meat only meal, I feed it to them cut up in a bowl and it makes no mess.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
When mine get a chicken wing, I cut each wing up into 1/3's and they each get a piece. So yeah, a whole wing would be too much!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, it will be hard to cut a frozen chicken wing up. It's ok if you have 3 dogs, but if I thaw out a wing and she can only eat a third, I'll be wasting it. Unless I buy the wings from a supermarket fridge instead of the dog food company.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I would just buy the meat from the store.. It is cheaper and you can cut it up while it is thawed. Just put the unused portion in a baggy and stick it in the freezer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, I think I'll try that. A third of a wing would be a meal for her. I usually feed her 20g of kibble 3 times a day, so not a lot. She's so tiny, but sure she'd love to try chicken wing, as my other dog really loved them!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello, I am a vegan and Ive been looking into weight loss food for my dog. RAW diet was recommended. Anyone able to give me some further information on it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts