Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: barking

Hi Guys!

At what age did your babies first bark?? My Lola is now 3 months old and has not ever made a squeak!! She does growl when we're playing tug-o-war but that's it! I guess she really doesn't have anything to bark about which is great in a way but I was just wondering about your chi pups and when they started barking?

Thanks
Lucie & Lola :wave:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
GOODNESS that is a blessing.............Bindi started right off she had Kemo to teach her :roll:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
cosmo only barks when he sees something he doesqn't like outside

paris barks only when she sees another dog ....and vienna barks ALWAYS :? and with a really high pitched tone ...i get nuts of it :D
she always wants attention from me or the other chi's

kisses nat

·
Registered
897 Posts
Angel never barked until she was close to 4 months old. Now she barks quite a bit at noises, shadows, and her favorite tv characters. LOL

·
Registered
936 Posts
Seiah didn't start until a couple of weeks ago, but it happens very rarely. He only barks at unknown people and animals. And that's only if he feels his space is being invaded.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Taco didn't really start barking until he was about 8 months. I thought, oh boy, this is great. Spoke too soon.....Now he won't stop.....he barks at everything. I got a squirt bottle of water and if he won't stop, I squirt him in the face and so NO BARK. He's getting better.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadget started barking shortly after his eyes opened at 12 days... I think he was about 2 weeks when we first heard him bark. It was funny because of his brothers wouldn't bark.... he had the cutest little bark... but he didn't start barking at things until he was about 10 weeks.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Gizmo is mostly mute, unless he is trying to call his girlfriend over the fence (a pomeranian named Mia) sometimes at the neighbors....and when he sees my mom..(he gets real excited!) it's high pitched so it sounds like a squeek...

Oh he didn't start barking until a couple of weeks ago...

More than 80% of the time he is very quiet :wink:

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Roxy started barking about 6 months. Now she will bark at her shadow in the window. So enjoy the quite time while it lasts. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Fizzys mum said:
My boy barks at everything he can , and quite often barks at nothing :shock: :lol: :wink:
Hehehe...well Fizzy is a sexy dog, so he has to make sure everyone can see/hear him ya know, especially the ladies 8)

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
xx-nathalie-xx said:
and vienna barks ALWAYS :? and with a really high pitched tone ...i get nuts of it :D
she always wants attention from me or the other chi's

kisses nat
lol, Vienna sounds like she has the cutest personality!!!

Cooper started barking at about 6 months old. He went through a very yappy few months, and now he's getting much better, but still loves to bark. :roll:

·
Registered
683 Posts
hee hee doggie talk! My coco started barking when she became more confident at home - she's a nut case now - when i first heard her bark i was basically crying with relieve, i thought the woman who had her before had terrified her so much tht she'd never do much - but goodness shes a wee nutcase now - barks at big dogs, goes for them (tries to bite their legs) and she barks at noises outside.

And just recently she started runnin outside to the end of the garden and barking at nothing - i think she's just making sure no1's there hee hee - coco was 7 months!

Love Gilli & Coco

1 - 18 of 18 Posts