Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Spaying?

Hi guys

I went for a check up with Lola at a new vet yesterday ...which by the way I wasn't impressed with. The service was rushed as its a big busy surgery and the woman really had no sense of humour! Plus I seemed to know more about chihuahuas than her. When I asked her about feeding quantities etc she just said look on the packet!!! Yes of course I can do that but its not very personal or helpful I don't think! Anyway.... she told me that I have to let Lola have one season before I get her spayed. Is this right? Do I have to or can I do it as soon as she's 6 months old??

Also because all food is different, can anyone tell me if they are feeding Science plan puppy how many grams you give you're baby a day?? Lola now weighs in at 1.2kgs and she's 3 months old and according to the packet it says 55g a day. (she is not given any other food apart from the Science Plan)

Thanks
Lucie & lola :wave:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
a lot of old- fashioned vets still recommends to spay after the first heat .

but if it's done before the first heat you reduce the chances of cancers on her womb etc to practically ZERO :shock: after the first heat the chances of getting cancers are way higher ......

kisses nat

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Hey Lucie

if you are not happy I totally reccomend you go and get a 2nd opinion - alot of vets in the UK will tell you to do it after the first season as this was the "old fashioned" way of doing it - butr it is proven that if done before the fiorst heat the chances of getting certain cancers is less than 1% but after each heat this amount goes up - I would definately advise before the first heat :wave:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah that's what I thought! :roll: So I'll go somewhere else and get her spayed before her first heat then! :D

Thanks for that Nat

Lucie & Lola xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts