Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Worried

Hi Guys,

I'm worried about my little Lola. She was fine last night when I put her to bed but similar to Bosco I got up this morning and she just stayed in her crate. She usually follows me around when I'm getting ready but all she wanted to do was lay there. I fed her breakfast and she ate nothing at all. She will drink but only if I give it to her on my finger. Does this happen sometimes??! She has not vomitted or had diahorrea so far but she is so not her normal self. It seems like she's feeling unwell coz her little eyes are all tired looking! :cry: Otherwise I can't see any other symptoms!

Any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks

Lucie & Lola

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
ya know maybe its this heat wave we are having?? Just a thought, Bindi was not herself either but not as bad as you guys but she is just kinda mopey. The heat came here real fast :x and is staying.......it WAS beautiful then BAMMO!

personally I dont have Central Air so if the dogs arent in the room with AC then they are suffering and the ding dongs wanna be where I am and the computer room has no AC :(

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
The only thing my dogs have been doing during this heat-wave is sleep. I would be worried about the lack of appitite. Dont let that go on too long. As you know chi's have a nasty risk of their blood sugar dropping. Maybe go get some Nutra-Cal or Kyro Syrup (is that how you spell that??? )
If she goes longer then a day without wanting to eat I would bring her in for a check-up to the vet. I am always worried about my dogs and rush them into the vet everytime I think they are ill...lol I think the vets are sick of me but they will just have to deal with my paranoia...hehe.
Best of luck and I hope Lola is just being this way because of the heat.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
So far no probs with mine they romp outside till their tongues come out I have to plead woththem to come in for water or ice. I dont have AC on just the ceiling fans and windows open. they seem fine to me acting normal and all

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys!!

Thanks so much for all the advice. Lola is eating again fine... its just the mornings she seems to have changed her normal behaviour and prefers to stay in her crate instead of run around following me. Maybe she's just getting older or maybe it is the heat although I am in the UK and I can't really say we've got a heatwave exactly but for the past couple of days the weather has been much warmer!! :D She is her normal self the rest of the day though. :?

Love Lucie & Lola xx

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i'm glad she's feelig better :wave:

this morning cosmo was not himself either ......he went from our bed straight to the love shack ...looing at me from there and not touching the food ?? normally he's very active and attacks his food..

i hope he's in a better mood when i get home ?.

i went for running with him yesterday so maybe he was still tired

kisses nat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts