Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sophie had her last round of shots yesterday and seemed fine after being a little tired for a few hours.
This morning she started with a slight cough. More like a lung cough than throat and sometimes she finishes with a gag but nothing really comes out.
Is this a reaction to the vaccinations? It's been almost 24 hours now.
She also skipped breakfast this morning which is unusual.
I'm contemplating calling the Vet or taking her in but my wife says to let it go for a while.
Aside from the cough, she has pretty good energy and mood.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I called the vet and they said to give it till tomorrow morning. So that will be 48 hours or 24 more than what they originally said. I don't think they know what they're talking about but I hope she's ok.
She didn't eat anything all day until tonight when I managed to get her interested with Salmon. I then put it in her bowl and she ate the rest plus a bit of rice, chicken, baby food, yogurt mixture. She's in her crate right now pouting and sleeping.
I hope she's better tomorrow or she's going back in.
I also got her to eat around a 1/2 tsp of Nutristat.
I just can't belive that they don't adjust the dosage down for a 3.5 lb dog. So basically a 40 lb Golden gets the same amount as my 3.5 lb Chi. Just doesn't sound right. I have heard that some vets are now testing to see if there's still enough vaccine present in the dogs blood instead of just giving the next round. Anyone know about this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts