Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corky is going for his last set of shots today and I am getting his Bordatella so he can go to puppy kindergarten next month. He has never had a reaction to his shots but I am always afraid of him having a reaction to something.

Has anyone's Chi had a reaction to Bordatella? If so, was it something some Benedryl helped with or was it more severe. I understand it is intranasal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Teddy had a little reaction on his second shot, and the vet did tell me to give him a little benedryl, but I would ask your vet before you did anything. Good luck in kindergarten!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Bordatella isnt a shot, its intranasal, like a nose drop....Ive never heard of a dog having a reaction to it, although im sure they can. Just ask your vet about benadryl....it always does seem to help them. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Once they give Cooper the bordetella vaccine, he coughs and sputters for a second but that's just because they put stuff up his nose.

Afterwards, he's fine.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well, both not to alarm anyone but both Beamer and Fritz contracted kennel cough from the nasal shot. So yes, it is possible to have an adverse reaction to it. They were on a months worth of antibiotics to clear it. We now refuse to give it and don't advise giving it unless you are going to be kenneling your dog or in a public area with lots of other dogs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.