Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I actually recently saw this on a Livejournal chihuahua community I am part of, and there was a big discussion about how wrong it is to breed basically what you find in the pound. There are enough mutts in the pound, looking for homes, and enough strays--why breed them? It's very sad.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Those "breeds" are really popular here in the States and I know they're gaining in popularity in Australia and other places.

They call them "designer breeds" because you just call up, tell the "mixture" you want and viola...

The labradoodle is probably the most famous since it is has the hypoallergenic qualities of a poodle with the personality of the lab - or that's what the breeders say. I saw a show where a woman from the states bought one of those "breeds" from a woman in Australia and had it flown all the way here. Craziness.

You may already know this but I thought I'd toss it in. :)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
OMG...what the heck is wrong with people these days? I mean absolutely no offense to anyone, but these people are as bad as the Amish people who run puppy mills because its a way for them to make money. In my honest opinion, these people are just sick and I think they're crossing breeds just to see what comes out, and thats wrong and it's not fair to the dogs. The animals are cute and everything, but what they're doing is just wrong.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i wonder how they do the cats?
some one told me that they (not them on the site ) but people who breed small cats use a duchound to mate with the cat to get the little legs. but to me that sounds a lil strange so i don't think it's true but i thik going to go look it up :scratch: :read2:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
That's odd... I didn't know you could breed a dog and a cat together. Maybe they just collect sperm and artificially ... ick.. I don't even want to think of that. That has to be wrong.... it just has to be.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
no it's not interspecies breeding with the cats..... those "miniature cats" make me laugh. i think they are trying to breed munchkins but it's a poor attempt at it. it's just a small cat that's all they got lol. the munchkins are short legged due to a genetic mutation that occurs naturally (but if they breed the mutated cat with another mutated cat doesn't that take away from it being antural??)theirs look nothing like the real munchkins... here's a link to check out munchkins if no one else knows what i'm talking about:
http://www.munchkins.com/

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wow there cute! but what i thought was funny was the names that they gave the dogs i tried to put together what the parts the dog came from by the name but i just couldn't do toooo many mixes :scratch: :cry: . it's sad! the mighty dollar is right there almost more that a chi thats full bred

1 - 19 of 19 Posts