Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new Chi owner (Sophie is my first), and my puppy is 14 weeks. I see a lot of posts on other sites talking about ears not standing up, but never any info on them being huge! Sophie's ears are bigger than her head! I look at pics of other people's Chihuahuas, and they all seem to have smaller ears. I love her ears, and I think she is absolutely adorable, but I am wondering if she will ever grow into them??? Any insight is greatly appreciated!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Okay look to the left at my Yoshi, feel better? LOL!! There are plenty of chis on this board with big beautiful ears and the bigger the ears I think the more adorable the chi :wave:

Oh by the way Sophie is adorable. We need more pics of her :wave:

Below is a pic of him when I got him at 9 wks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I looooooooooove big ears. They are adorable and I think if I could put together all sort of pieces (eek that tounds creepy, but youll know what i mean) to form the perfect chi, it WOULD include huge ears.

and YES, we need more pics!! :D :wave:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Lillie is my first chi as well and at first i thought the same thing. But they do grow into them. And now i with the girls... the bigger the ears. the cuter the chi! Oh and just LOVE how they sit with thier knees together!

Lillie Mae @ 6 wks

Lillie Mae now @ 1 yr

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
What a beautiful puppy! Chis are known for their large ears. The bigger the better! I saw a Chi tonight at a Chinese Restaraunt. The owner was picking up take out. She looked a lot like your little girl. The owner said that the pup was a year old and was supposed to be 3.5 pounds when grown, but only made it to 2 pounds. So of course she didn't grow into her ears, but she was a beauty! :p

·
Registered
974 Posts
Snoopy's ears are HUGE! I swear they look like they're still growing! They're bigger than Charley's ears!

I think your girl is adorable! Don't worry about how big her ears are ... it makes her even cuter!

:)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts