Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
*Tanya* said:
Lillie is my first chi as well and at first i thought the same thing. But they do grow into them. And now i with the girls... the bigger the ears. the cuter the chi! Oh and just LOVE how they sit with thier knees together!

Lillie Mae @ 6 wks

Lillie Mae now @ 1 yr

You're little baby looks alot like mine ;) I think.

He was reeaaly young here.. I think 3 months.

Last Christmas! BIIG ears! They had just started to stand up, As you can tell by the edges ;)

Everyone says he's so big for a chihuahua, But he's 6 pounds and about a foot long... Is he weird? How big is Lillie Mae??

[/img]

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Butterfly has some nice long ears too..with her tiny head! But we're not too worried cause she's 5months old and there's still time for her to grow into them..I think :lol:

You shouldn't be worried either. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Emmi has had big ears ever since she was a pup. I love them!!!! They give her a lot of character. If I can get a picture posted of her ears, I will. My avatar kinda shows them too!!! :) :happy7:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Cherries said:
*Tanya* said:
Lillie is my first chi as well and at first i thought the same thing. But they do grow into them. And now i with the girls... the bigger the ears. the cuter the chi! Oh and just LOVE how they sit with thier knees together!

Lillie Mae @ 6 wks

Lillie Mae now @ 1 yr

You're little baby looks alot like mine ;) I think.

Last Christmas! BIIG ears! They had just started to stand up, As you can tell by the edges ;)

Everyone says he's so big for a chihuahua, But he's 6 pounds and about a foot long... Is he weird? How big is Lillie Mae??

[/img]

6 lbs is a great weight for Chis. The AKC sets the standard at anywhere from 3-6 lbs. There are some smaller than that and some larger but what matters most is that they are Chis...I love mine to bits and big ears are so great that's one of my favorite traits about them.

·
Banned
4,807 Posts
My Madison is 4.5 pounds full grown, and people still tell me that I have a big chihuahua! The thing is, no matter what size your chihuahua is, it is still a tiny dog! AKC standard is 2 to 6 pounds... but I've seen some chis that were as big as 14 lbs:)
I think the big ears are adorable. For my next chi, I want a small girl with HUGE ears.

·
Registered
182 Posts
quote: Originally posted by Cherries

quote: Originally posted by *Tanya*
Lillie is my first chi as well and at first i thought the same thing. But they do grow into them. And now i with the girls... the bigger the ears. the cuter the chi! Oh and just LOVE how they sit with their knees together!

Lillie Mae @ 6 wks

Lillie Mae now @ 1 yr

You're little baby looks alot like mine Wink I think.

Last Christmas! BIIG ears! They had just started to stand up, As you can tell by the edges Wink

[/img]
Well LuvMyChiwawas is right, they come in all shapes, colors, sizes and personalities :lol: . Lillie Mae is about 3.5 lbs now. She's teeny to me, but she's tough :lol: . She does look a lot like ur baby there, which i think is Wicked Cute! He's like the bigger version of Lillie LOL.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I LOVE it when chi's have really big ears. My girls don't have big ears but my moms papillon does.

Here is my girl Tequila...not really big ears but cute enough :wink:

My mom's papillon Sammie (with her Lhasa mix Bailey)

Sammie all grown up...still didnt grow into those ears...lol

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Lovemy2furkids said:
Tuffy had really big ears also he finally grew into them but they are still big I love big ears............
:shock: OMG!!! Tuffy TOTALLY looks like Stinky but in short hair!!

:D Sophie is soooo cute and Charlie's pics are just too cute!! :D

21 - 40 of 46 Posts