Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ninja my chi is 4 months old and to start with she was so sweet but now she has turned nasty.
I used to be able to let her off the lead but now if i do she goes crazy at everyone that walks past. her hair stands up on her back and she will bark like crazy.
I used to love playing with her but now she thinks its ok to bite me i mean she drew blood this morning when she bit my finger.
She had a right telling off and i put her in a room by herself with no attetion.
everymorning she will attack my slippers at first i thought she was playing but her face latley is telling me otherwise.
i do tell her off and put her in isolation but it doent seem to be making any diffrence. I no when she is playing because she will go to bite but will never do it but latley she is biteing very hard
help

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
All puppies bite,have you tried "NO" then distracting her with a toy.A pet corrector is very good,it's a can of air that makes a loud noise when she's barking at people,Lily used to do it till i used the corrector .

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Ahh, the joys of puppyhood. Puppies explore their world and their boundries at this age, unfortunately with their mouths and teeth. Telling off won't work because no dog speaks English. You can distract with an other toy or a treat like a chew stick. I also use a squirt bottle of water and that works most of the time on my pack. She is acting like you are her littermate and not the pack leader. So you need to take control, but not by yelling, she won't understand and thinks you are barking and encouraging her and not by hitting or you will make an aggressive dog. Try substituting something appropriate and see if that works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts