Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had Amberleah little over a month now, she is almost 11 weeks now. I went to my cousins open house and I walked in and people where greeting me and Amberleah started crying and fussing, and wanting to bit. it surprise me big time. after being there a while she got better and let my cousin hold her but nip at everyone else. I live in remote area and not many people. where can I go to socialize her, and stop her from crying and biting? i need to stop this now.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
It was probably overwhelming that there were a bunch of strangers coming at you all at once. Think about how they may have looked to a toy breed and a puppy for that matter. You need to ask people to come at her slow. Have them give her a treat and love on her one at a time. Do you have a Walmart or other popular store that a lot of people go to? If so, you can stand out front of a store like that and most people will come to you oohing and awwwing. Take some treats and when they ask if they can pet her or even if they dont and just come over to look, have them give a treat to her and love her. You can also try this at your local ball parks and such that allow dogs. Good luck :)

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh Thank you that great idea....She cried when I walked in vet office too. And no one as near her yet but behind desk. but she most likely remembered her first visit

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
your smart to want to nip this now they say the first 4 months is it? is the most important for socialization. Have some friends over and supervised kids too men women men with beards etc they say 100 people in 100 different places to help her get used to people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts