Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so this afternoon everything was going fine, me Bailey and the cat were all napping. One of my four brothers (who is quite a bit older than me... I'm 23 he's 46) came over to drop something off... Well, Bailey is scared of other people besides the 3 of us who she lives with. My brother gets this idea that he is going to be Ceasar Malone and try and get Bailey to submit to him....He hovered over her and growled and poked her neck then back side all while Bailey was growling, yelping and trying to bite.. He then started poking me and she of course wanted to protect me. So he did it to her again scaring her so bad she peed all over me and the blanket and fell off the couch trying to get away from him.. Hid under our reclining rocking chair, so my brother decided to throw it aside and take her out of there doing everything over again away from me. I was constantly telling him to stop because she needs to warm up to people on her own or she will always be scared. He just told me to shut up cause he knew what he was doing...Well he left about 40 minutes ago and Bailey is still scared hiding under my arm pit.. I just want her back to her same self.. :( Sorry I had to vent.. :(

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh my goodness! how awful.
That man clearly does NOT understand Chihuahuas!

You have every right to be upset.
I know, I was literaly in tears begging him to stop but he insisted he knew what he was doing and I couldn't stop him.. I feel so bad. She was so scared and mommy couldn't protect her

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Sounds like your brother is abit of a bully......... My house, my Rules....... he would NOT be welcome back to my home unless he never done that again.........

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like your brother is abit of a bully......... My house, my Rules....... he would NOT be welcome back to my home unless he never done that again.........
If it was my house, it would be that way for sure. The thing is. I live with my parents. I will be talking to them tonight for sure, not sure what they will say though. I honestly hate my brother so much. I know he is family but he'd be better off gone

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He also has bigger dogs and it "worked for them" (so he says) so it will work for Bailey and make her a better dog in the long run

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
I honestly hate my brother so much. I know he is family but he'd be better off gone
I have a brother like that too...... he was mean to me growing up.... *hugs*

can you put yourself and your doggie out of harms way when he comes over, like going to your room till he leaves... or take your doggies for a long walk...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a brother like that too...... he was mean to me growing up.... *hugs*

can you put yourself and your doggie out of harms way when he comes over, like going to your room till he leaves... or take your doggies for a long walk...
She hates walking but I do have a huge bedroom she loves with a lock =D. I wouldve today but we were sleeping on the couch and I was the only one home. So he would've just followed me and he can run/walk whatever way faster than me as I have a disability. But next time, I'll be sure to knock him unconscious before he gets to Bailey. I don't EVER want her to experience that again. To make matters worse, she isn't even full grown.. She's 13 weeks old.. :(

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
That is terrible and no way to treat a dog,i would show him all these posts.I have a horrible brother that i don't speak too anymore,his dog is a horrid like him.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i would have clubed him over the head with a lamp or something. I agree I would not let him come over for awhile, let him know how upset you are and how this has affected Bailey.
See that's exactly the thing. I did! I was crying and telling him to look at her she was scared crapless. Growling and trying to bite him (which made him do it more) and all he said was "That is how puppies learn how to submit to people". I told him she was my dog and I wanted to train her MY way..To which he said "I'd like to see you try and stop me" I hate hate hate him. So does Bailey and honestly... So do 4 out of 5 of his kids..

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shes laying on my lap shaking looking up at me like she is soo scared. Nothing I do makes her feel better! She won't even eat any apple (which is her fav)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
13 weeks is very young for that to happen to her :(
Just my opinion but I would start taking her out and giving her positive interactions with people. You want to fix this sooner than later.

Get your friends to greet her with treats so she does not associate strange people with abuse/scary things.
otherwise you might end up with a fear biter, she was clearly traumatized.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
13 weeks is very young for that to happen to her :(
Just my opinion but I would start taking her out and giving her positive interactions with people. You want to fix this sooner than later.

Get your friends to greet her with treats so she does not associate strange people with abuse/scary things.
otherwise you might end up with a fear biter, she was clearly traumatized.
I do that with 95% of people! Which she learns to love after about 40 minutes or so =D She also starts puppy training/socialization on Monday. I'm excited

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sounds like you are on the right path! :D
She'll be ok.. doggies are pretty resilient.
Yep! I still feel so bad for her though. My brothers only ever had medium to large sized dogs 15 pounds+ and he doesn't have a clue what chis are like. I'll be trying my darn hardest to keep him away from her, that is for sure!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts