Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My friend got a chi/ dachsand (sp?) mix on Sunday. 1. It's only 7 weeks :x 2. They got it for cheap cause it didn't come w/ ANY shots or vaccinations. :x 3. Now this is the part that gets me very worried, it doesn't have any shots yet and they are walking it all over the place! One the ground around the block! Everywhere! I want to tell her what to do but don't want to sound preachy. What should I do? I already told her to buy Nutri-cal just in case. Help me! Thanks, Tania :)

BTW here's a pic of it his name is Cubby he's a real cutie! :D

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
she really needs to not let him down on the ground where other dogs and foxes etc have been until he is fully immunised due to the risk of Parvo and other things that will kill a puppy - you just need to educate her :cry:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
you could always tell her to read this website and then she would get educated... but first off be her friend and tell her that it isn't that you don't want her to have fun walking the dog but she needs ot get all of his shots for him to keep him healthy...

good luck and god bless

·
Registered
642 Posts
I would just flat out tell her the facts. Her dog could get a serious infection or disease and DIE. I know it is harsh, but she has to be educated, for the sake of the puppy.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I agree Tell her you found out on this website how serious it is and the puppy could get very ill or even die. It is a doll too :roll:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
yeah tell her all you know but don't come off as strong minded. just tell her what you know and make sure she realizes you have cubby's best interest in mind. maybe even print a few articles from the net out for her to read and get educated (especially one on parvo!)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Wow, I dealt with the same problem with my fiances sisters poodle. They didn't even know they were suppposed to get shots for her :? . I told them not to let her anywhre near Seiah until they went to the vet. So after a long time of telling them to go, I even gave them a coupon for free first exam given to me by my vet, they made an appointment. After talking to the vet they finally took the right approach to raising a healthy dog. I guess they just didn't think that I was well educated enough, or over exaggerating the importance of taking their dog to the vet. 8)

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
looks like a really cute puppy !! is it chi /dachshund ??

i hope you can make sense to her...it would be ashame to let this cutie get sick :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I know you don't want to sound preachy and you don't want to risk losing a friend, but you really need to do the right (mature) thing. You can educate your friend without coming across as "know-it-all" or preachy. Tell her you visit this website and you've read how risky it is to do what she's doing. She doesn't have to keep the dog in the house forever, just until after it's had its shots.

Or what about her parents? Maybe your mom can talk to her mom?

Please do it for the sake of that sweet, innocent puppy. Think how you will feel if the puppy gets seriously ill or even worse. You're a bright girl, obviously quite mature, so please do what needs to be done. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts