Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're scared. Peanut is in her first heat. (And last). She's exhibiting some distressing neurological symptoms. She wobbles and has extreme weakness in her front legs. She stopped wagging her tail weeks ago and was holding it strangely. (long before the heat began.) She's been to the vet and had lots of bloodwork. We're waiting for some of the results. Vet is puzzled, too. Any ideas, guesses?? Probably back to the vet again this week.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
That IS upsetting. I have never heard of neurological symptoms during/before a heat period. I wonder if she has had x-rays of her head???

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'm sorry, I'm not able to help at all, I just wanted to say I'm so sorry that you and poor Peanut are going through this! Me and the "kids" have all our fingers and paws crossed that she gets better soon!!!

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! She's on 'pen rest' today. Some of her blood tests are still out. Vet wondered about anemia. I'm leaning toward back problem.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She found some area that were binding, I don't remember her description. She is considerably better today. Not 100% yet, but much closer to normal.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The vet thinks it's a pinched nerve or similar. She was doing great after the chiro visit and then she slipped on some bare floor. All the symptoms came back with a vengeance. After a day of rest in the Iris she's doing better. She's not happy about not being able come out and play. Plus she's in season. Not easy to keep a puppy in heat quiet. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts