Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Please tell me all those cute puppies weren't from the same litter! If they are, my heart goes out to their momma! :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course they were from the same Moma plus there was one more that was born dead. I almost lost the 2 littlest ones. If you look hard they are the white ones with the spots. They only weighed 1 oz and 3/4 of an oz.

Hence the name 8batch.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Besides I had the vet standing on ready for a c-section if needed. We had 2 sonagrams and 1 xray 1 week before they were due so we knew she could have them but just didn't know if there were 6 or 8 and if she would have enough strenght. She had just turned 2 years and I had her on vits and calcium weeks before they came. We just didn't have enough tits for feeding so I took off two weeks to be home with them to bottle feed. :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Poor Momma Chi.... that must have been rough on her. But what a wonderful thing to be surrounded by so many chi pups! They're all adorable - but what puppy isn't? :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only have 3 left that I am keeping. I gave 4 away. Hard thing to do, so I know I couldn't sell them. I cried and cried. 4 different time. They are now 5 months only and the ones I kept are here in my siggy.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
so you kept the black and white ones.. they are so cute.. are they still tiny?

if they were so tiny at birth houw much do they weigh now?

they are beautiful...

hope mommy did good...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They look black but the color is liver brown. 2 of them weighed over 3 oz, 2 weighed 1oz and less and the other 3 weighed 2 oz. And yes I kept the white ones with the spots, big Al, Zoey and Bandit, which was 1-3ozer both of the 1 and below oz.

Albert weighs 3 3/4 lb-5 months old
Bandit weighs 4 1/3 lb-5 months old (also the littlest one)
Zoey weighs 2 3/4 lb-5months only (she was the other 1oz-true RUNT of bunch). Bailey (Mommy) this was her 1st pregnancy and she handled well, she was calm and it took 3 1/2 hours to deliver 8. She had no problems with birthing, just what your supposed to do after birthing-like clean, navel cords, that sorta thing. I did just find with the dental floss though.

Bailey was monitered well by her vet after and I think by looking at her that she was in the best shape of her life 2 months after pups were born and quite sucking. :lol:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, the 3/4 of an ounce one is Bandit and he's is the biggest one now. The biggest one at time of birth turned out smaller than the rest except Zoey, the runt. Crazy huh?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She weighed 6-7 lbs. but the daddy weighed 3-4 lbs. He was smaller than her big time.

I did deliver them all with the help of hubby. The smallest was not beathing when he was born, so what do you do? Help. She would deliver one and I would unattach the cord and tie it then I would lay it beside her and she would lick. I tried to get her to do the cord cutting, etc. but she wasn't having it. I know she was in pain but it did not seem bad at all because she never yelped or anything, just deep breathing. All were born within 3 hours which is pretty fast.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing all this. I find it absolutely fascinating and all credit to you and the dear Mummy chi that the pups have done so well.
So many adorable babies. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts