Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course they were from the same Moma plus there was one more that was born dead. I almost lost the 2 littlest ones. If you look hard they are the white ones with the spots. They only weighed 1 oz and 3/4 of an oz.

Hence the name 8batch.

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Besides I had the vet standing on ready for a c-section if needed. We had 2 sonagrams and 1 xray 1 week before they were due so we knew she could have them but just didn't know if there were 6 or 8 and if she would have enough strenght. She had just turned 2 years and I had her on vits and calcium weeks before they came. We just didn't have enough tits for feeding so I took off two weeks to be home with them to bottle feed. :lol:

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only have 3 left that I am keeping. I gave 4 away. Hard thing to do, so I know I couldn't sell them. I cried and cried. 4 different time. They are now 5 months only and the ones I kept are here in my siggy.

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They look black but the color is liver brown. 2 of them weighed over 3 oz, 2 weighed 1oz and less and the other 3 weighed 2 oz. And yes I kept the white ones with the spots, big Al, Zoey and Bandit, which was 1-3ozer both of the 1 and below oz.

Albert weighs 3 3/4 lb-5 months old
Bandit weighs 4 1/3 lb-5 months old (also the littlest one)
Zoey weighs 2 3/4 lb-5months only (she was the other 1oz-true RUNT of bunch). Bailey (Mommy) this was her 1st pregnancy and she handled well, she was calm and it took 3 1/2 hours to deliver 8. She had no problems with birthing, just what your supposed to do after birthing-like clean, navel cords, that sorta thing. I did just find with the dental floss though.

Bailey was monitered well by her vet after and I think by looking at her that she was in the best shape of her life 2 months after pups were born and quite sucking. :lol:

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She weighed 6-7 lbs. but the daddy weighed 3-4 lbs. He was smaller than her big time.

I did deliver them all with the help of hubby. The smallest was not beathing when he was born, so what do you do? Help. She would deliver one and I would unattach the cord and tie it then I would lay it beside her and she would lick. I tried to get her to do the cord cutting, etc. but she wasn't having it. I know she was in pain but it did not seem bad at all because she never yelped or anything, just deep breathing. All were born within 3 hours which is pretty fast.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.