Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stewie has been chewing at his armpits lately & I have no idea why! He's never done this before. He doesn't seem to be itchy anywhere else. I've switched his food recently (Hills k/d to Solid Gold), but that was after he started this. I gave him heartworm med at the beginning of the month, but it's never bothered him before. I was giving him canned food with his dry for a little while (both were the k/d). He's due for shots (just since the beginning of the month though) I'm going to try taking him in to the vets next week for a couple of shots & I'll have them look at it then, but I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts in the meantime.

Here's a couple of pics him if that helps!

And this is the other one...there's a couple of little bumps on this one.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Hmmmm....

Why was he on the k/d diet to begin with?
It could be the new food. Rashes sometimes start in the warmest areas of the body.
I would definatly ask your vet.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He was on the k/d due to a liver problem. He decided he didn't want to eat it anymore, so we switched to the solid gold. The only thing though, is this started before the new food. It may have started after we were giving him the wet though (I can't remember though). When he stopped eating, we got him some canned food to mix in. Then we got tired of doing that & just switched to a food that he will eat. I started either before the wet food or right afterwards. But definitely before the Solid Gold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts