Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang- thanks for all the positive well wishing. I wish this would resolve itself- I am very tired. At 12:15 am, I got up to check on Reba. She ate pretty well, even some off the spoon herself rather than being syringed. She is still having some diarrhea, but the frequency is less and she hasn't thrown up for almost 2 days. But then this morning at 5:30, I went to feed her and her head was tilted back, her gums were cold and she couldn't walk. :cry: I whipped out the Nutrical and some honey and despite her edema, which is lessened but still hanging in her belly, I gave her 10cc SQ of the LRS/dextrose solution. I walked around rubbing her for about 1/2 hr and I think she is ok again, but ugh! I would like to hear about hypoglycemic episodes that some of you may have had with your chis.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
First I'd like to say you have taken on such a hard task, but it looks like your efforts are paying off.
I know your not "out of the woods" yet, so don't get discouraged. When she finally pulls through it, you will see it was all worth it.

When I first got Sandy she didn't want to do anything in the morning but sleep. The vet said it was because of hypoglycemia. He told me to give her nutracal first thing in the morning. It kind of gave her a kick start and after she had it she would start eating.
I know this is no where near as bad as what you are going through.
Hang in there and keep up the good work! Hopefully it will be over soon and she'll be good a happy healthy puppy again.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time with her. It sounds like you are doing a great job though! We're pulling for both of you! Hang in there!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Reba is a very lucky little puppy to have such a loving attention owner. Hopefully each day becomes easier for the both of you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts