Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in actually grinding up my own pre-made raw. As in, make the meat and organ ratios blended together, separated into ice cube trays and frozen. Kahlua seems to get gassy throughout the day; even when I divide up her meals. She never really seems like she's uncomfortable, but I can just sense something about her. Call it mothers intuition I guess lol. She just seems extra sensitive to each meal. But she LOVES, absolutely LOVES ZiwiPeak. I am genuinely considering giving her consistent meals of ZP, and raw meat/organ blend cubes. And of course a bone for chewing.
So long story short; I don't need the processor to grind up bone or anything. Just something that can handle raw meat. I've never gone about this before so I'm not sure where to look or what would work best. Since I added the Alaskan salmon oil with probiotics, her coat has just glistened... even moreso than the usual fish oil capsules I give a few times a week. I would still like to alternate protein sources when blending them; but making sure each one has the right prey model ratios. Any ideas on what would work best?? I'm willing to take the extra time to prepare meals. I could easily make them in bulk throughout the day.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I'd like to have this info also! I would grind up wings and necks (chicken) I tried raw years ago, and my IG loved it, BUT 'gave' me the bones back a day or so later!! So I decided raw bones were'nt in the game! I need desparetly to get both my chi's weight down. Sue

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
The grinder that I see recommended the most is this one:

Tasin TS-108 Electric Meat Grinder::Deer::Venison::Home Use::RAW::pet Food Makin

That one is guaranteed to grind chicken bones without a hitch and many raw feeders use it. Read the reviews on the site about it.

If you don't need one to do bones and just does meat, maybe there is a smaller/cheaper version of this one? Not sure since I don't grind.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I use the Kitchener grinder and am very happy with it. I'm grinding bones & meat without a hitch for 5 dogs. Here is the amazon link ( I hope) Kitchener
Kitchener #12 Electric Meat Grinder - 1/2 HP
Ok, so no link, but that is the item ;)
You can spend a lot more $$$ but their really isn't a need too. Many of my raw grinding friends use this model too. So I feel very comfortable recommending. I also have a Vita Mix, but would not put bones in it.
:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.